Alchol dependanr or mis-use who advises you?

Convicted Driver Insurance
After failing the cdt test at what point are you informed of the decision. Does the GP advise you of his recommendation or does DVLA write to you. When do you find out if you have to show controlled drinking for 6 months or abstinence for life.

They may write to your GP now if you have signed to allow them access to your medical records or as you were well over the CDT levels you may need to visit your GP and record that day you are no longer consuming alcohol.Get them to document it and 3 monthly liver function tests so in 12 months time you can prove to the DVLA you have abstained from drinking.

My own reading last november was 1.5 so they wrote to my GP who i had not even seen in 2 years.I had a bad time a few years ago so the GP put down misuse. I have to do the 12 months thing now

They may write to your GP now if you have signed to allow them access to your medical records or as you were well over the CDT levels you may need to visit your GP and record that day you are no longer consuming alcohol.Get them to document it and 3 monthly liver function tests so in 12 months time you can prove to the DVLA you have abstained from drinking.
Thank you. It helps just knowing the procedure.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off