After your ban is up?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Carmad67

Hi. When you get banned from driving and it's time to regain your driving licence. What can I expect? Do you have to retake driving test? Will I be forever stopped by police? Will I be able to afford to get insured? How long before drink driving goes off your licence? Many thanks

Hi. When you get banned from driving and it's time to regain your driving licence. What can I expect? Do you have to retake driving test? Will I be forever stopped by police? Will I be able to afford to get insured? How long before drink driving goes off your licence? Many thanks
Are you a HRO? If so you'll have to take a medical before you get your licence.
If your from Northern Ireland you'll have to retake your driving test but otherwise you won't.
I've had my licence back 6 months and I've never been stopped by the police and my insurance nearly doubled once I got my licence back but I had an accident so had no claims bonus to start with.
I think it's 11 years until it dissapears off your licence but you don't have to declare it after 5 years. Other people may correct me on this though cos I'm not sure.

I've no idea about HRO court date is may 9th. I blew 80 on machine.
You are lucky as you are not a High Risk Offender. The threshold for that is 87.5 and you were below this at 80. Unless you have been disqualified for Drink Driving any other time in the last 10 years, then you will not HRO either.

Normally you don't need to resite your test. This would only be the case if you had caused a massive accident or were a serial offender and would need to be ordered by the magistrate. The exception is NI, where everyone needs to re-sit their test - bummer.

When at court make sure you ask the magistrate to offer you the Drink Driver Awareness course, which on completion will reduce your sentence by 25%.

After 5 years from the date of conviction, you do not need to declare your DUI for car insurance purposes. It stays on your licence for 10 years, so anyone looking at your licence online would see this.

For a PVG or Disclosure Check, it will ALWAYS show on your record as it is, despite what you may think, a Criminal Conviction.

Never ever had drink driving before. Was just the circumstances I found myself in on Easter sunday. Total nightmare. Is it me or lawyer ( if I get legal aid) who asks judge for the course?

Never ever had drink driving before. Was just the circumstances I found myself in on Easter sunday. Total nightmare. Is it me or lawyer ( if I get legal aid) who asks judge for the course?
If you have a lawyer, make sure you instruct them to ask the magistrate. If you are representing yourself, then you would request the course as part of your mitigation statement.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off