After Court is there an appeal process?

Convicted Driver Insurance

kitten

I was 2 times over, arrested 28 May and went to court 9 June. I knew I wld lose my licence and fine. I am disabled and replied on my car. I had a clean licence for over 30 years and this was a first offence.

I received a 20 month ban and £558 fine. On the incoming/outgoing form my husband's pension was in it and it was impossible to split all bills etc 50:50.

I think this sentence was hard and wondered if there is an appeal against the fine at least?

You should make contact with the Court and ask them if you can attend at a fines clinic. If you can show that there has been a change in circumstances it may be possible to persuade the Court to remit part of the fine or at least vary the rate of payment terms that were imposed.

Not sure that is right unless I have confused you. On the day of court they asked whether I had a credit card to pay the £558 and I said I had. The payment has 'so been paid in their eyes'. However, the monthly payment (with interest being added continually is the drain).

Please advise.
Thank You

If I understand correctly you have paid the fine, costs and victim surcharge to the Court in full using your credit car but are now finding it difficult to pay the monthly credit card payments?

If this is the case then obviously the court can't interfere. The only other option available would be to appeal against the sentence but there is a 21 day time limit for doing so. The 21 days runs from the date of sentence. As you are now out of time you would have to ask for a Judge's permission to appeal out of time. The Judge will probably want to know why there has been a delay.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off