Advise needed please

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi Tracy, I felt like you - mortified, ashamed, how will I get around, what will happen with work. The run up to court I was super anxious but it was actually alright. Weirdly I felt really relieved and happy when I came out (go figure). I bought a bike…hadn’t been on one since I was a kid. I wobbled out of Halfords like a kid who’d just had their stabilisers taken off for the first time thinking “how can I do this for 15 months” but now I’m whizzing around the streets like a pro come rain or shine chuckling at the peeps stuck in the traffic queues I’m zooming past. I’m a LOT fitter too. Do the Rehabilitation course, it’s actually really good and you learn a lot. Fess up to your work if you have a job where you need a DBS - honestly goes a long way with them. These are the things I’ve learnt from this experience….apart from to reasses my life and figure out how I got here and what needs to change to never be here again. In a funny way it can have a lot of positives - every cloud 🙂
What a brilliant reply Blueberry 😘

Hi,

The waiting to go to court is truley a horrible feeling. What's done is done and replaying it over and over again just makes it worse. (Believe me alot of us have been there....it is a s%@*y feeling).

There's not much I can ad to what has already been said.

Dress smart, Get references, Get a solicitor if you can afford one no more than 300-400 pound on a guilty plea.
Ask for the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course (-25% off the ban) on the day (It cannot be done afterward).

You can request a duty solicitor when arriving at court, if he or she is not busy to help for free.

If you feel confident enough speak for yourself.

Either way show remorse which I am guessing you already feel.

As far as the reason why you chose to drive could also help...at the end of the day magistrates are human too.
A letter just expressing how you know you made a 1 off error may help.

I wish you the best and please do not let it bog you down.

Keep your head up!

Kind Regards,

Stu

Hi, yes it’s Thursday at 1.30 I’m soo scared. How are things with you
I know it’s scary but at least after that you know what you are dealing with and you can start to try and work through it. This forum seems so helpful so use it this week if needed.

I am so so. I have to wait for my blood results so at the moment just looking at solicitors and have to sort my car out as I think it’s a write off but struggling to process everything at the moment. I just have constant anxiety and feeling of shame at the moment x

I know it’s scary but at least after that you know what you are dealing with and you can start to try and work through it. This forum seems so helpful so use it this week if needed.

I am so so. I have to wait for my blood results so at the moment just looking at solicitors and have to sort my car out as I think it’s a write off but struggling to process everything at the moment. I just have constant anxiety and feeling of shame at the moment x
My car is in a PCP so I’m hoping to give it back. It’s valued at roughly what I owe. Well according to we but any car it is. Where are you?? How come you had to do bloods? I didn’t. Did you crash? X

My car is in a PCP so I’m hoping to give it back. It’s valued at roughly what I owe. Well according to we but any car it is. Where are you?? How come you had to do bloods? I didn’t. Did you crash? X
I am based in Berkshire. Yes I crashed. It’s still at the recovery place, I went to get my stuff out of it but burst into tears so went home and still need to sort it. The side air bags went off so I think it’s a write off. I won’t need it for a while anyway so it’s a loss but will be paying the loan for another couple of years but my fault! Hopefully you will not lose anything on yours then fingers crossed

When I gave breath samples at the station they were 95 and 79 so over the 15% allowance for difference so I had to give blood; I wish it was just over and done with now. They said three months is the average to wait at the moment.

I am based in Berkshire. Yes I crashed. It’s still at the recovery place, I went to get my stuff out of it but burst into tears so went home and still need to sort it. The side air bags went off so I think it’s a write off. I won’t need it for a while anyway so it’s a loss but will be paying the loan for another couple of years but my fault! Hopefully you will not lose anything on yours then fingers crossed

When I gave breath samples at the station they were 95 and 79 so over the 15% allowance for difference so I had to give blood; I wish it was just over and done with now. They said three months is the average to wait at the moment.
I was 79 :( soo stupid driving away from my awful ex while he gets off Scott free and thinks he as the right to judge and tell me off.

Where has you been? Pub? What made you drive? Distance not far etc ? I’m sorry you are going through this tough time as you seem like a nice guy x

I was 79 :( soo stupid driving away from my awful ex while he gets off Scott free and thinks he as the right to judge and tell me off.

Where has you been? Pub? What made you drive? Distance not far etc ? I’m sorry you are going through this tough time as you seem like a nice guy x
As long as he is an ex that’s the main thing, he sounds vile. Focus on your self now

I had been for drinks with work, I have no idea what made me think I was ok to drive, I have had a lot going on recently and have not been coping well so I think this was a wake up call really.

I am a Tracey aswell 😊

As long as he is an ex that’s the main thing, he sounds vile. Focus on your self now

I had been for drinks with work, I have no idea what made me think I was ok to drive, I have had a lot going on recently and have not been coping well so I think this was a wake up call really.

I am a Tracey aswell 😊
Ohh sorry, I wasn’t sure. Would you like to swap numbers ? I know we are not in the same town but can support each other through this rough time.

Ohh sorry, I wasn’t sure. Would you like to swap numbers ? I know we are not in the same town but can support each other through this rough time.
Hi ladies,

I feel like my situation is relatable. The feelings of guilt, coping with it all.... Waiting.
It took 5 months for my blood test to return and to get my court date. A total of nearly 8 months between the incident and court. Every day since the accident had been hell, my relationship rotted, I lost my job, my car was a horrendous write off with a photo of it plastered on local news leaving my family wondering if I was alive.

Court is over in less than 10 minutes and I think if you're like me and had so long to digest what was coming it's a relief to have it done and begin the countdown to getting the licence back.

If you need to talk, cry, ask questions, whatever you want please feel free to message me because it feels liken a total sh*t show but you will get through it xx

In terms of the car, get it out of the place and scrap it - I would advise to get it gone as a step to moving on. I was sick on the floor and ended up having a huge meltdown when I went to collect my car from the recovery /impound but once its gone its gone. That was sorted less than a week after I crashed it. Its a piece of machinery. You're alive, nobody else was hurt.

Morning Milly22, thank you!

I will ring the impound today. You are right, I need to just do it and move on from it.

How are you doing now? I can’t believe you had to wait 8 months, I feel that’s like a sentence in itself.

Hi Tracy

So many of us made our mistake as a result of the behaviour of / trauma cases by bad relationships me included. Glad he’s an ex now. You are well rid of him. But just wanted to say the waiting for court is the worst. I was shaking when I went in and I was flanked by my solicitor and best friend. But the actual experience was over quickly and the court officials were very nice to me (better than the police, they were vile and I still have flashbacks). The court guy even walked over to me when he noticed I’d started crying in the dock and handed me some tissues and a little thing like that kindness meant a lot. Best of luck on Thursday and hope you get the best outcome possible. Message me if you want me to explain how the process went.

The magistrates probably get tired of the narcissistic abusive alcoholic gambling good for nothing husband/boyfriend thing.
From what I’ve read on here over the last 3 years we must all be the worst creatures to walk the planet. I myself was destroyed by a woman, physically mentally emotionally and financially. My character was assassinated beyond repair. I believe this is a damn sight more prevalent than statistics would have us believe. My solicitor wanted to use that as mitigation, but I refused. You only allow yourself to be a victim.
Aside from the struggle to regain my licence, I face some life changing, maybe life ending circumstances. I’m normally one of the most lenient and supportive people on here. And throughout everything I have to deal with, still try and offer as much help as I can to others. However, I will pick things up when I see them. That’s not to discredit your account. But I’m not sure, in fact I know, they have heard it all before. Apologies for being so blunt. I feel like Ricky Gervais on afterlife. Cancer does that to you. You got caught, fess up, take the punishment. I’ve said this before, what ever sh*t storm we have going on around us at the time of the offence, nothing but nothing alters the fact that we put the key in the ignition, not our partners not our circumstances, just us.
Now I’m off to put my crash helmet on and sit in a cupboard. And sulk.

The magistrates probably get tired of the narcissistic abusive alcoholic gambling good for nothing husband/boyfriend thing.
From what I’ve read on here over the last 3 years we must all be the worst creatures to walk the planet. I myself was destroyed by a woman, physically mentally emotionally and financially. My character was assassinated beyond repair. I believe this is a damn sight more prevalent than statistics would have us believe. My solicitor wanted to use that as mitigation, but I refused. You only allow yourself to be a victim.
Aside from the struggle to regain my licence, I face some life changing, maybe life ending circumstances. I’m normally one of the most lenient and supportive people on here. And throughout everything I have to deal with, still try and offer as much help as I can to others. However, I will pick things up when I see them. That’s not to discredit your account. But I’m not sure, in fact I know, they have heard it all before. Apologies for being so blunt. I feel like Ricky Gervais on afterlife. Cancer does that to you. You got caught, fess up, take the punishment. I’ve said this before, what ever sh*t storm we have going on around us at the time of the offence, nothing but nothing alters the fact that we put the key in the ignition, not our partners not our circumstances, just us.
Now I’m off to put my crash helmet on and

Last edited:
Okay let's not assume that people are using this excuse as a way to pardon their actions please? It's just part of the story, we all try and process how we ended up in the situation, knowing it makes no difference. If that's the reason somebody got in the car then it is, it doesn't mean they expect leniency - it's just their story x

Top and bottom of it is - each of us have our own stories that resulted in us behind the wheel while drunk. The most important thing in all this is moving forward and taking one step at a time.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off