Advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

RW1087

Hi All,

Was just wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have, from your past experiences.

My ban officially ended June 17th, and i have been putting off re-applying for my licence since then. I have the form and it's ready to send.

Firstly, the £90 payment you have to send to the DVLA along with your licence application, how did you guys send the payment? I don't have a cheque book, is there anywhere i can pay online or call them and pay over the phone?

Secondly, if i can get a medical booked, i am really concerned about my past history, probably the only times i have visited my GP has been to do with depression, and related alcohol misuse. There i would expect, be a number of records indicating dependency, drinking too much to cope etc.

The good news, i have been sober as a judge since January 10th this year, so over 9 months now.

When i go for my medical, were you all brutally honest with that GP & the questionnaire?

I guess, as money is tight, i have been delaying sending back my application as i dont want £90 for the application, a further £90 for the medical to all go down the drain, in case they request my records from my GP, and all these past records emerge, and they deny me a licence until i am 12 months sober.......should i wait until 12 months have passed, inform my GP of this, and then apply?

Should i go ahead now, and not be as truthful with my answers, as my past is my past, and i am well and truly not dependent, or have any alcohol now?

Or should i apply, be 100% truthful about my past history with alcohol, state where i am now, run the risk of them contacting my GP, and make the whole process even longer but be satisfied in the fact that i have been honest.

Any thoughts, opinions, and past similar experiences would be really appreciated.

Thanks

First thing is payment which a postal order will be fine,What did you get a reading of when you blew as this will determine if a medical is required.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off