ADVICE RE DBR RECORDING

Convicted Driver Insurance

techra

I have recently had two episodes of drink driving close together, mainly due to a family bereavement that I didn't cope with well, despite 47 years of faultless driving prior to that. The second offence occurred whilst on bail from the first offence and so was quickly processes and sentenced. At the time of the hearing I was told that both could be heard together however 2 minutes before the case i was told the case had not been transferred and that this was no longer going to be the case. Therefore the second case was heard and I was given a very harsh sentence including a 12 week suspended sentence. My concern is that now the first instance has now been scheduled for next week, remembering that this happened prior to the sentence and apart from a custodial sentence I got the maximum of everything. At the previous hearing it was mentioned obviously about the first offence but I wonder what else they can sentence me too. Does anybody have any experience. Also now it will show twice on any DBR request - I certainly made a mess of th

Multiple convictions for drink driving within a 10 year period result in a minimum 3 year ban being imposed. This should not apply in your case given that the 10 year period is defined as date of conviction of first conviction to date of commission of offence of second conviction. Given that you committed a second offence BEFORE you had been convicted for the first, this will mean that the mandatory 3 year minimum cannot apply. This means that any ban imposed will run concurrently to (alongside) the ban already imposed for the other offence. The fact that the court has imposed a suspended sentence in relation to one offence alone means that there is a risk that the second court hearing could consider this as enough to tip the balance of custody. However, the suspended sentence was imposed after the offence had been committed and the details of the outstanding offence, such as the level of reading and circumstances of the offence, are very relevant to overall penalty. I would highly recommend that you take legal advice and potentially instruct a solicitor to represent you at court if possible.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off