Advice please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Katy!

Hi I was caught drink driving on Thursday and it was 79 on the breathalyser, my court date is in January, first conviction, can I still drive until my court date? Also what do you think my punishment will be with child.

Hi I was caught drink driving on Thursday and it was 79 on the breathalyser, my court date is in January, first conviction, can I still drive until my court date? Also what do you think my punishment will be with child.

Morning Katy.

Yes, you can still drive until your court appearance in January. With blowing 79, you could be looking at a ban of around 18-24 months or more as it is double the drink driving limit. However, if you request the drink driving reduction course at the Magistrates you can get the ban reduced by 25%.

A good thing working in your favour, is that you have just fallen below the benchmark of becoming a High Risk Offender, so at least you won't have the miather of the DVLA medical team probing into your medical background when the time comes to get your licence back.

CJ

Morning Katy.

Yes, you can still drive until your court appearance in January. With blowing 79, you could be looking at a ban of around 18-24 months or more as it is double the drink driving limit. However, if you request the drink driving reduction course at the Magistrates you can get the ban reduced by 25%.

A good thing working in your favour, is that you have just fallen below the benchmark of becoming a High Risk Offender, so at least you won't have the miather of the DVLA medical team probing into your medical background when the time comes to get your licence back.

CJ
Ok great thank you

CJ is totally correct. Unfortunately having children will not reduce your sentence.

Dress smartly, seem the Duty Solicitor for support and take a couple of character references when in court.

Good luck x

Hi there, sorry to hear about your arrest. But well done on being pragmatic and honest about it so soon after (believe me many aren't). It's a great attitude to start to the process with, and absolutely the right attitude to take to court.

Advice above mine here is all good, especially references (which I will come back to). All I would add (and I am sorry to) but - if the child was in the car when you were pulled - the magistrate will actually see that as an aggravating factor. Hopefully it wasn't the case for you, but it doesn't help when there is a child involved in the incident itself.

References are important. They are read, and indeed mine were read aloud. It really helped getting the parole officer onside when the mag read these. It's your appointment with the PO that you want to go well, and where you can 'pour your heart out' as it were. They and the DS will argue for leniency on your behalf, and it is here that the references (not to mention the difficulties being without the ability to drive and having a child) will come into play.

I think that's about all I can add, but it will come and go, it is a big day for sure but by no means unbearable; and trust me you'll feel so much lighter after. :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off