Advice on what I can expect regarding ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

Glenn10

Some advice would be gratefully appreciated. Studiply, I drove whilst over the limit and was caught. I commute home from London everyday and use a 50cc moped (i.e not much faster than a pushbike!)to get to and from the railway station. It was 2.00am and the taxi rank was empty, so used the moped as felt fine. Roads deserted, but went through a light on amber (can take about 5 minutes to go green again and just wanted to get home). Police saw this, I was breathalysed and registered at 59mg. Just wondered if the time of offence and the type of vehicle I was driving have any bearing on the length of ban. I was fully cooperative at the police station and even the police commented that I was one of the most sobre DUIs they had had in, and could not smell alcohol on me. They even gave me a lift home afterwards. The only reason I ask this, is that just before this, I discovered that my wife had fallen pregnant for the third time and baby is due in January. It is very likely that the birth will have to be a cesarean which prevents her from driving for approx 6 weeks. My stupid behaviour is going to really seriously impact her ability to get about. Any advice would be appreciated

The Magistrates will take your personal circumstances into account in sentencing. However, they are likely to impose a 16 month ban based on your reading unless you can successfully persuade the Court that the minimum 12 month ban should be imposed. This is often quite a difficult task.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off