Advice on police statement please.

Convicted Driver Insurance

mr81sml

Hello,

I was recently stopped and breathalysed with a reading of 59. I have no excuse other than I genuinely thought the alcohol wouldn’t be over the limit. I was on my way to the local shop and in the shock of it all I didn’t really make it clear what I was going to the shop for. The police officer asked if I was going for some more alcohol and I said yes.

Is this going to affect the judges decision on me? And also I wasn’t only going for alcohol but may have failed to mention this in my statement. Do you have any advise for what to say in court please?

Thank you.

That roadside statement should not have any impact on the penalty imposed. A reading of 59µg in breath means you will face a ban of between 12 and 16 months together with a fine. The reading is at the very high end of the sentencing bracket so it is more likely that you will receive a 16 month ban. There is also a likelihood that you will be offered the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course meaning a reduction in the ban of up to 25% if successfully completed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off