Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alf63

Here's my story.

While waiting for my electric car to charge in a supermarket car park between around 6pm and midnight I visited local pubs in the area and had a few drinks.
When I got back to the car, realising I was probably over the limit I sat in the car for a couple of hours before driving off.
I clipped a kerb and punctured a tyre but continued driving. I was spotted by the police but realising I was probably still over the limit I refused a breath test.
My thinking was if I refused I could use the excuse I wanted the police to put me in a cell so I was safe (sounds far fetched but it's true).
I have also come up with an excuse that I suffer from vitamin D deficiency which makes me tired during certain times of the year so was not able to think properly.

On top of this I have also come up with another reason for my apparent intoxication. I had a bottle of 'that particular' solvent in my boot which was leaking and poisoned me
giving the impression in was drunk.

I have become something of an expert in traffic law with my internet research and intend to blind the court with my brilliant defence. What are my chances of success?

Here's my story.

While waiting for my electric car to charge in a supermarket car park between around 6pm and midnight I visited local pubs in the area and had a few drinks.
When I got back to the car, realising I was probably over the limit I sat in the car for a couple of hours before driving off.
I clipped a kerb and punctured a tyre but continued driving. I was spotted by the police but realising I was probably still over the limit I refused a breath test.
My thinking was if I refused I could use the excuse I wanted the police to put me in a cell so I was safe (sounds far fetched but it's true).
I have also come up with an excuse that I suffer from vitamin D deficiency which makes me tired during certain times of the year so was not able to think properly.

On top of this I have also come up with another reason for my apparent intoxication. I had a bottle of 'that particular' solvent in my boot which was leaking and poisoned me
giving the impression in was drunk.

I have become something of an expert in traffic law with my internet research and intend to blind the court with my brilliant defence. What are my chances of success?

This forum is used by people who truly need assistance and support throughout the difficult period of uncertainty, confusion, regret and in some cases depression. What you're asking here is "how can i get away with a blatant drink driving offence?". You're either a complete moron or this is a poor trolling attempt.

I trust few on this forum will provide any further response to your ludicrous post.

This forum is used by people who truly need assistance and support throughout the difficult period of uncertainty, confusion, regret and in some cases depression. What you're asking here is "how can i get away with a blatant drink driving offence?". You're either a complete moron or this is a poor trolling attempt.

I trust few on this forum will provide any further response to your ludicrous post.

You have made my point perfectly. I rest my case.

I suspect Alf63 may be parodying this post http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/a...rink-driving-cases-england-wales-uk/72195.htm

Strange how Alf63 makes exactly the same post (albeit less verbose) and gets flamed while the member who started the thread in the link received loads of legal advice..............

Just guessing that's what he means when he says you made his point.

Your chances of success:
Z
E
R
O.
And your costs will have shot up considerably. Prosecution costs go up on a not guilty plea from £85 to £620.
You have become an expert on the law from Internet research? And you think the prosecutor is not an expert with years of experience and qualifications in the law? There is case law that he will quote that shoots your claims down in flames easily. Do you know that case law? Have you got any case law yourself to quote? Probably not, as a lot of it can only reasonably be found on subscription only sites for professionals.
As Jamesdrinkdrives said, stop wasting people's time and save yourself some money by pleading guilty straight away.....
that would apply to anyone else trying to run such a silly defence......

AlanT, your post crossed mine. You are right, but only the solicitor can reply to that section and I suppose he takes circumstances as being an honest request for advice. I think what has been said on this side is a more realistic look at the claimed circumstances!

Last edited:
You may think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

I have been following the forum on and off since I got my licence back last November. If Alf is taking the **** out of some of the posts on here (and there are lots of examples), he has a point, as some of them I view with a mixture of amusement and bewilderment (and annoyance). I wish people would just be honest, and admit they have done wrong (like me) and accept it. It is so obvious some of the situations people have described are 'dubious' to say the least.
If the purpose of this forum is to support and advise genuine people who need information, or just a friendly word when they are feeling low, then this sort of thing doesn't really help.

Peter.

I have been following the forum on and off since I got my licence back last November. If Alf is taking the **** out of some of the posts on here (and there are lots of examples), he has a point, as some of them I view with a mixture of amusement and bewilderment (and annoyance). I wish people would just be honest, and admit they have done wrong (like me) and accept it. It is so obvious some of the situations people have described are 'dubious' to say the least.
If the purpose of this forum is to support and advise genuine people who need information, or just a friendly word when they are feeling low, then this sort of thing doesn't really help.

Peter.

I too follow this forum on and off but for different reasons (a friend was left for dead in a ditch by a drink driver a few years ago). My post was absolutely not targeted at the likes of Peter and many others who are here because they have made a mistake (we all make them) and are looking for advice and support. I too get extremely annoyed at some of the pathetic attempts at desperately finding some loophole in order to escape conviction. I've seen all sorts from false readings due to bleeding gums (have they got pure gin running through their veins?) to bizarre 'hip flask defences'. Someone recently even said that drink drivers who kill or injure people should have special therapy to help them through the trauma! I am just saying what many people think. I have just used a bit of sarcasm to make the point. There was no intention to offend anyone other than the idiots who won't man or woman up and accept the consequences of their actions.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off