Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Boohugh

Hi guys

I have a Dr10 on my licence which should be completely wiped off on 4th July 2019 as it will be 11 years from the conviction date. Also I have no other spent or unspent convictions.

I started a new job in November and had my first ever rta which was in a company vehicle in early December, although I’m claiming no liability in the accident the third party is claiming injury through my company’s insurer.

Because of this the companies procedure is to ask me certain questions with one being “do you have ANY convictions?” to which I answered no.

Was I right in stating this? No one at my company knows I was disqualified because when they did their check on me for insurance purposes my dvla result was clean as it is way over the 5 year mark.

Is there a chance I could loose my job from this for not declaring the dr10 ay any point?

Thanks

Hugh

Given the timescales you have quoted I would carry on playing niave since even I thought 10 years not 11 years recordable
It's unlikely your employer or Insurance will ask or have any rights to question your answer , there's 1000's of claims every month there's no way it's all recordable or checked
On the big scale of things I don't think your frauding anyone.

There are only 2 relevances for 11 years.
First is where your employer does a DBS check (for jobs with access to vulnerable people or some money related or security jobs) where if you only have one conviction which is not on the excluded list (GBH, supplying drugs etc) then it becomes spent after 11 years and does not need to be declared nor will it show up.
Second is that 11 years is the length of time it is retained on your DVLA record for court purposes so if you are convicted of a drink drive offence that occurred within 10 years of a previous disqualification for drink driving then you are a High Risk Offender and get a minimum 3 year ban. The relevant time is 10 years but they retain it for 11 to cover cases taking time to be resolved in court.
So you were right to say “no convictions” - unless you were the subject of a DBS check but it would have shown up on being employed if that had been the case.

Did your employer not ask to see your driving licence before letting you drive company vehicles?

I would personally not play naive. Your conviction is spent and it is illegal for your employer to treat you unfavourably because of it.

As such if they ask "are there any convictions on your licence" or similar you might as well tell them, since it is only you that can loose trust.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off