Advice needed on temporary licence renewal, worried sick

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shergar12

I was issued with a one year temporary licence on11/11/21 after a long wait and a medical. Just received temporary renewal papers which include a DR1 questionnaire. Its asking about alcohol misuse in the last 6 years. Back in 2016, shortly before my ban, with a high reading of 131mg, i misused alcohol for around 20 weeks, until I addressed it and became abstinent. Very unfortunately, on 14/10/21 i drank at a funeral, approx 8 units , fell and had to go to a&e. this falls in a period when I was still awaiting a dvla decision and my temporary licence, so did not hold a licence at this point nor own a vehicle at all until Jan 2022. I immediately liased with my g.p following this incident and have been in regular contact since, went straight back to full abstinence. I never recieved a cdt reading from the first medical but as was abstinent, must have been as low as possible. Any further cdt test i would complete as part of the process would be the same. What im worried about, is the dvla jumping on this incident, even though i didnt hold a licence nor drive and getting my licence revoked for 6 months. I cant see how it could be classed as a further episode of persitent misuse, it genuinely was a one off incident which I highly regret and if my gp is asked regarding this incident, its all documented in my history. Any advice please?

I was issued with a one year temporary licence on11/11/21 after a long wait and a medical. Just received temporary renewal papers which include a DR1 questionnaire. Its asking about alcohol misuse in the last 6 years. Back in 2016, shortly before my ban, with a high reading of 131mg, i misused alcohol for around 20 weeks, until I addressed it and became abstinent. Very unfortunately, on 14/10/21 i drank at a funeral, approx 8 units , fell and had to go to a&e. this falls in a period when I was still awaiting a dvla decision and my temporary licence, so did not hold a licence at this point nor own a vehicle at all until Jan 2022. I immediately liased with my g.p following this incident and have been in regular contact since, went straight back to full abstinence. I never recieved a cdt reading from the first medical but as was abstinent, must have been as low as possible. Any further cdt test i would complete as part of the process would be the same. What im worried about, is the dvla jumping on this incident, even though i didnt hold a licence nor drive and getting my licence revoked for 6 months. I cant see how it could be classed as a further episode of persitent misuse, it genuinely was a one off incident which I highly regret and if my gp is asked regarding this incident, its all documented in my history. Any advice please?
I guess it really depends on whether alcohol was mentioned or written up in hospital as a factor in the accident, and if the hospital then sent a letter to your gp. They often ask if you would like them to. If not, then I’d think you would be in the clear.

I haven't hidden anything, I told my doctor myself. At the point it happened I wasn't even a licence holder, I waited 5 months for the outcome. My argument is, it wasn't persistent alcohol abuse and can't be defined as that, I've engaged with my doctor regularly since and I also waited 3 months after the incident to even purchase a car and drive again as dvla guidance states if there's a medical problem that persists 3 months or more, report it. I ensured there wasn't a repeat. I've since been totally abstinent. I'm not going to overthink and over stress will just be open and honest.

I haven't hidden anything, I told my doctor myself. At the point it happened I wasn't even a licence holder, I waited 5 months for the outcome. My argument is, it wasn't persistent alcohol abuse and can't be defined as that, I've engaged with my doctor regularly since and I also waited 3 months after the incident to even purchase a car and drive again as dvla guidance states if there's a medical problem that persists 3 months or more, report it. I ensured there wasn't a repeat. I've since been totally abstinent. I'm not going to overthink and over stress will just be open and honest.
I wasn’t accusing you of being anything less than honest pal. Hope it goes well for you. But I will add, if there’s ever a situation that you feel the need to confide in a so called “patient confidentiality” DONT. There is no such thing as far as the courts and your own GP are concerned. In my experience, I humorously mentioned that if it wasn’t for me being an hgv driver I could quite easily down a bottle of whiskey a day. It was meant in jest…. A joke. She wrote me up for suspected misuse/dependency. I only found out 3 years later when I requested my medical records in preparation for applying to get my licence back. I was raging. And although there had been no tests done, no meetings with addiction team, no treatment or medication for the use of alcohol. They refused to remove her comments as she was a qualified GP and her comments were taken as fact. True story!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off