Advice -DVLA have not sent my license renewal, can i send it myself? Medical Form??

Convicted Driver Insurance

bilabonic

Hi All

I was issued a 3 year license and i expected the DVLA to automatically send me the renewal form 90 days before as i'm a HRO.

It is at the point now after several wated phone calls and constant promises that they will send it that i feel i have no option than to send it myself.

What forms do i need, is there a specific form for license renewal or just standard D1?

Also can i send in any medical forms at the same time??

Cheers

Thanks, i have just spoke to the DVLA again and they stated the relevant documents were posted on the 5th.

In total they stated there were 4 parts to it for me to start the application.

1. D1
2. M1
3. DR1
4. Authorisation Form for Dr Access.

Cheers

Thanks, i have just spoke to the DVLA again and they stated the relevant documents were posted on the 5th.

In total they stated there were 4 parts to it for me to start the application.

1. D1
2. M1
3. DR1
4. Authorisation Form for Dr Access.

Cheers
Yes they are all separate forms, the D1 being the application for car & motorcycle and the rest to do with medicals.

The DR1 is for reporting any alcohol conditions to the DVLA and the M1 is for reporting any medical conditions to the DVLA.

You can just send the D1 form on its own to start the application off and trigger the medical process which is often quicker. However as they sent them to you on the 5th you should be receiving them soon. Second class post and the weekend will be why you haven't received them yet.

Just received all above forms from the DVLA.

Silly question but i want to make sure it's correct, is the reason for applying -

'Too renew my license: For medical reasons', as i have a 3 year license?

Plus i presume there is no fee.

Cheers

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off