Admiral Insurance Policy

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Hi

Does anyone have any idea if Admiral will insure a 2x convicted driver?

They insured me after my first conviction, but I'm not sure if they will take the risk again.

I am asking because I have 14 years NCD with them, but by the time I get my licence back and buy a car, it will be 28 months since that was issued. I know Admiral accept NCD's for up to 3 years and I intend going back and asking them for a quote, but just wondered if anyone else has any experience of this with them.

Thanks

grice96

Hi

They insured me after my first conviction, but I'm not sure if they will take the risk again.

I am asking because I have 14 years NCD with them, but by the time I get my licence back and buy a car, it will be 28 months since that was issued. I know Admiral accept NCD's for up to 3 years and I intend going back and asking them for a quote, but just wondered if anyone else has any experience of this with them.

Thanks

They insured me with a ban and 9 points including for the dreaded IN10 which is now thankfully spent. They are more forgiving than most due to their, if you crash drunk you front the bill policy. I would say ring for a quote and see.

price1367

TTC Group
Hi

Thanks

Are you sure they accept NCD up to 3 years since the last policy? I understood they, like most insurers, only allow 2 years, and the Admiral website says this:

“How long do no claims bonuses last?
A no claims bonus or no claims discount is usually valid for two years after a policy comes to an end. After such time you'll need to build a new no claims bonus.”
I would have thought that if the did allow 3 years they would be trumpeting this on their website…..

AndyJG

Does anyone actually know of companies,that allow a no claims bonus after 3 years ??? as it looks like I wont be getting my licence back within the 2 year period....

Luna2000

Are you sure they accept NCD up to 3 years since the last policy? I understood they, like most insurers, only allow 2 years, and the Admiral website says this:

A no claims bonus or no claims discount is usually valid for two years after a policy comes to an end. After such time you'll need to build a new no claims bonus.”
I would have thought that if the did allow 3 years they would be trumpeting this on their website…..
Yep, pretty sure it's 3 years if it's an Admiral NCD and you go back to them. I did read it somewhere but can't find the link just now. I'll keep checking.

Luna2000

I knew I'd seen the 3 years somewhere. When you get a quote directly from the Admiral Website, you eventually arrive at the following statement re NCD.

You will go all the way through and won't get a quote from them online (they ask you to call,) but if I am reading this correctly it says NCD earned within the last 3 years.

1633690891631.png

price1367

TTC Group
Well it is there in black and white, this may help a lot of people with what they thought was an expired NCD!

Luna2000

Well it is there in black and white, this may help a lot of people with what they thought was an expired NCD!
It is slightly confusing as elsewhere on there website, they do talk about NCD earned within the last 2 years, but as you say, when getting a quote they specifically say 3 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off