Admiral Insurance Drink and Drugs policy

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all. My incident form from my insurance has arrived. I was just wondering do I disclose my arrest and blowing over at the roadside on this form or can I leave it as I wasn’t convicted.

It says “ did the police attend and what did the police say”

Hi all. My incident form from my insurance has arrived. I was just wondering do I disclose my arrest and blowing over at the roadside on this form or can I leave it as I wasn’t convicted.

What do you think you should do?

Sorry, but let’s spell this out properly.

It’s not a tough choice, is it?

In principle you can lie, which is wrong, or tell the truth, which is right.

It really is simple.

In practise, you can choose to lie to a company in an industry that relies on data alone to function, and shares that data with other companies. A company which has all of your personal info (which you gave them when signing up TBF), your credit card and or bank info, and with whom you’ve agreed a contract in good faith to declare any relevant or material facts to.

The relevant material in this case being whether or not the law turned up. Not just your gran, or Taylor Swift and Matt Healy, or Phillip Schofield… this is the police whom they are specifically asking about.

You can choose to lie if you like. No one on here is stopping you. But what happens when that insurance company knows you’ve lied?

What happens when the third party you are fighting - and who YOU accuse of dishonesty with regard to the accident - shows you up for being dishonest by telling them for you?

Have you considered the consequences of being refused insurance in future? Thought not.

You’ve already been reassured on here countless times by countless people. Asking the same questions over and over won’t change a situation that - really, compared to what many of us has been through or are going through now - isn’t that bad.

I really don’t know what else to say. Perhaps I’ve said enough. Good luck.

The other driver will surely mention that the police attended and probably know you were arrested.

Who called the police?

I will not lie about the police attending. I would never do that. What I was asking is do I disclose the arrest on the form or just say yes police attended. That is all. I never said I would lie about the police actaully attending.

The other driver called the police, and had already left by the time I was arrested.

I will not lie about the police attending. I would never do that. What I was asking is do I disclose the arrest on the form or just say yes police attended. That is all. I never said I would lie about the police actaully attending.

The other driver called the police, and had already left by the time I was arrested.
The other part of the question is 'what did the police say?'

Strange that the other driver called the police and then left. Was that because the police took ages to attend?
Did they drive their car away?
Did you hang around because your car was undriveable?
Did you have photographs of the vehicles and location straight after the accident?

The other part of the question is 'what did the police say?'

Strange that the other driver called the police and then left. Was that because the police took ages to attend?
Did they drive their car away?
Did you hang around because your car was undriveable?
Did you have photographs of the vehicles and location straight after the accident?
Yes it’s says “did police attend” then “what did they say”

So should I say “yes police attended and I was arrested for being over the limit” ?

The other driver was breathlized and as he passed they let him go.

Then they done mine after he had left and I failed then was arrested.

I have photographs of his car clearly in a parked position trying to pull out, then mine in my lane driving straight. I have sent these to my insurance.

So should I say “yes police attended and I was arrested for being over the limit” ?

I have photographs of his car clearly in a parked position trying to pull out, then mine in my lane driving straight. I have sent these to my insurance.
Q. Did the Police attend? - Yes
Q What did they say? - They questioned me, the other driver, and a witness and took details from us regarding the scene and the situation.

You don't need to lie - you dont need to write an essay - you don't need to offer up what you had for breakfast that morning - the insurance company will contact the police if they feel it necessary and whatever the report says is whatever the report says. The Police breathalyse everybody in these situations not because they have a hunch or think they smell alchohol etc so its pretty standard practise. Just because you are arrested doesn't make you guilty of anything - for that they would need to charge you. You were probably interviewed under caution. Whatever the other driver says is not law its just the other drivers opinion. If he says "the other driver was over the limit" that doesn't make it so - the only thing that makes that so is what the police say. As DD has explained your insurance requires you to be convicted not suspected. So don't lie but don't write up some sort of he said she said essay.

Did the police express an opinion on who might have been at fault?
Did they support your version of what happened?

Q What did they say? - They questioned me, the other driver, and a witness and took details from us regarding the scene and the situation.

You don't need to lie - you dont need to write an essay - you don't need to offer up what you had for breakfast that morning - the insurance company will contact the police if they feel it necessary and whatever the report says is whatever the report says. The Police breathalyse everybody in these situations not because they have a hunch or think they smell alchohol etc so its pretty standard practise. Just because you are arrested doesn't make you guilty of anything - for that they would need to charge you. You were probably interviewed under caution. Whatever the other driver says is not law its just the other drivers opinion. If he says "the other driver was over the limit" that doesn't make it so - the only thing that makes that so is what the police say. As DD has explained your insurance requires you to be convicted not suspected. So don't lie but don't write up some sort of he said she said essay.
That’s very helpful and makes sense.

I will say that police attended, took both driver details and questioned both drivers on the incident.

My only thought is will my insurance later be void and lead to me being accused of withholding information for not disclosing the arrest, as if/when they see the police report it will say “arrested for being over the limit at the scene”

I will say that police attended, took both driver details and questioned both drivers on the incident.

My only thought is will my insurance later be void and lead to me being accused of withholding information for not disclosing the arrest, as if/when they see the police report it will say “arrested for being over the limit at the scene”

Did the police express an opinion on who might have been at fault?
Did they support your version of what happened?
At first one of the officers were nodding their heads in agreement it looks like it was the other driver. This was before I failed the breathalyser. The police then were very dismissive with me and seemed as if they were putting the blame down to DD.

No - this is not a Boris Johnson enquiry into the Covid Lockdown - you are not under oath in the High Court. They deal with hundreds of these claims every day.

At first one of the officers were nodding their heads in agreement it looks like it was the other driver. This was before I failed the breathalyser. The police then were very dismissive with me and seemed as if they were putting the blame down to DD.
Again - you are not a mind reader - its not for you to say what you do or dont think they were thinking - You weren't charged with anything - they interviewed you under caution. Read your policy but dont read things into your policy. If it states that you have to be charged with something for it to be void then the key word is 'charged' if has a wider definition like Admiral then its is more open to debate. It's the insurance companies job to get the police report if there is one and they will do that regardless or what you put on the form.

Sorry, but let’s spell this out properly.

It’s not a tough choice, is it?

In principle you can lie, which is wrong, or tell the truth, which is right.

It really is simple.

In practise, you can choose to lie to a company in an industry that relies on data alone to function, and shares that data with other companies. A company which has all of your personal info (which you gave them when signing up TBF), your credit card and or bank info, and with whom you’ve agreed a contract in good faith to declare any relevant or material facts to.

The relevant material in this case being whether or not the law turned up. Not just your gran, or Taylor Swift and Matt Healy, or Phillip Schofield… this is the police whom they are specifically asking about.

You can choose to lie if you like. No one on here is stopping you. But what happens when that insurance company knows you’ve lied?

What happens when the third party you are fighting - and who YOU accuse of dishonesty with regard to the accident - shows you up for being dishonest by telling them for you?

Have you considered the consequences of being refused insurance in future? Thought not.

You’ve already been reassured on here countless times by countless people. Asking the same questions over and over won’t change a situation that - really, compared to what many of us has been through or are going through now - isn’t that bad.

I really don’t know what else to say. Perhaps I’ve said enough. Good luck.
He wasn't charged with anything and hasn't been found guilty of anything. I don't think there is anywhere on an online application for car insurance to say 'I haven't been charged or convicted of anything, but I was breathalysed.' Lot's of people are breathalysed and are under the limit In my opinion, answer the questions asked. If you start to muddy the waters you create a problem.

Yes, by all means tell your insurance company you were breathalysed but then re-inforce that you haven't been charged with anything.

In saying the above, I am not sure exactly what Admirals policy says about driving with alcohol in your system, but I can guarantee you that everyone who has a drink and then drives will at some time have been over the limit, including the good people at Admiral.

hello, I’ve deleted this as you never know who is watching 👀
appreciate everyone’s responses

Last edited:
Very wise.

I do believe Admiral look at this place from time to time. Why would they not.
Well unless Admiral are psychic and can deduce your real name and address from your 'handle,' I doubt there is anything they will be able to get from this website to identify an individual.

Well unless Admiral are psychic and can deduce your real name and address from your 'handle,' I doubt there is anything they will be able to get from this website to identify an individual.

That’s a monocular view IMO when we encourage people to basically spill their all on entry. They ain’t stupid. And people concede a lot on here (myself included).

Unless you were shit at joining dots as a child, it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to draw parallels.

In fact, I’ll go as far as to say I think it’s naive to assume a PLC in corporate finance doesn’t do its homework but each to their own view.

It’s been well over a decade since even modest would-be employers fact-checked candidates by Facebook. And they know we might be here.

And they are getting more aggressive it seems. I speak with experience here.

You don’t reckon they have a gander at people they’re looking to sue? Come on.

That’s a monocular view IMO when we encourage people to basically spill their all on entry. They ain’t stupid. And people concede a lot on here (myself included).

Unless you were shit at joining dots as a child, it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to draw parallels.

In fact, I’ll go as far as to say I think it’s naive to assume a PLC in corporate finance doesn’t do its homework but each to their own view.

It’s been well over a decade since even modest would-be employers fact-checked candidates by Facebook. And they know we might be here.

And they are getting more aggressive it seems. I speak with experience here.

You don’t reckon they have a gander at people they’re looking to sue? Come on.
What you infer and what you can prove from anything written are two different things. I would suggest that if you went to court Admiral would be using information obtained from the Police, not from a website where anyone can easily impersonate anyone else and say what they want. I feel you give them too much credit, but heh, only write what you feel comfortable with.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off