Admiral Drug Driving Policy

Convicted Driver Insurance

Unkown

I have recently received an indemnity form from Admiral following an accident where I was found to be above the drug driving limit, unbeknown to me.

I have been to court and faced the consequences with a driving ban and fine and I completely accept it was my responsibility to refuse to drive following an unwell feeling.

Following this Admiral have contacted me notifying that the insurance contract provides that any claims made that are a result of drug driving are to be paid and may be recovered from myself. Following this I have received the aforementioned indemnity form, what would be the general advice in regards to the form. Should one complete it or refrain from doing so.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't matter if you fill the form in or not. My friend never done the form and his court date with admiral for a county court judgement for payment is in April as he had been ignoring their contact since mid 2018.

I've posted about it before in the admiral thread if you want to check my comment history to have a read of it.

It doesn't matter if you fill the form in or not. My friend never done the form and his court date with admiral for a county court judgement for payment is in April as he had been ignoring their contact since mid 2018.

I've posted about it before in the admiral thread if you want to check my comment history to have a read of it.
Oh dear, so much for ignoring Admiral....
Please tell your friend to dispute the claim. If he ignores the county court letter then Admiral will win by default. If he challenges is, he may be able to convince the court that Admiral have not been diligent in trying to keep the payout down to a minimum so he should not be liable for the full amount.

Hello guys, so I was in an accident in feb and just got my blood test results. I was over the limit and my Liverpool Victoria did pay out for my claim. I am waiting on a court date, but does anyone know if Lv will want to recover the costs? Thanks

I didn’t go to the police station, I went to hospital to get bloods taken and the blood has come out as 98mg which is around 45 in breath.

So your not classed as a high risk offender and shouldn't have any problem with the dvla re licensing you after your ban but when you apply for insurance and state you've been in an accident while over the drink driving they may well find out.

Okay mate Thankyou, I have been reading my policy document and they haven’t stated anything about drink Driving And recovering the costs. They will only not pay for any personal injuries so hopefully they do not seek to recover costs.

Hi it states in section 7 of there policy it would not pay injuries substained in a drink driving accident.but you will have to declere this mishap when you come to insure after your ban.

Thankyou so much for looking into that for me; so as far as I am aware they will not pay for any injuries but they will not recover costs for paying for my written off car due to the drinking. I haven’t found anywhere in the document where they state they will recover or not pay due to drinking other than the injury part. Once again Thankyou ever so much

There is a motoring solicitor on this site called mark Hammond it may be worth dropping him a line for some free advice,,I don't think the courts are in a rush at the moment so a 12 month ban could well turn in 15 months with covid 19.

Thankyou mate, I think I’m gonna drop him a message now, what do you mean by could well turn into 15 due to covid?

I haven’t got a court date yet, I got the call from the officer today stating my blood limit was over and he called me in for a interview tomorrow. The court date will follow after the interview apparently

I haven’t got a court date yet, I got the call from the officer today stating my blood limit was over and he called me in for a interview tomorrow. The court date will follow after the interview apparently
The courts are a little slow at the moment due to vivid 19. There are many of us who carnt get are licences back after our nana as the Dvla are not processing licences except for key workers

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off