Abstinence time frame before medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

giraffe43

Hi everyone. My ban is up next January so figure I will hear from the Dvla in October regarding the medical for HRO. Will around 12 weeks abstinence be enough to produce the low CDT result? I will be eating healthy and taking milk thistle. Thankyou for any advice :)

You should indeed get a low reading, but not sure the milk thistle will have anything to do with it......

Hi everyone. My ban is up next January so figure I will hear from the Dvla in October regarding the medical for HRO. Will around 12 weeks abstinence be enough to produce the low CDT result? I will be eating healthy and taking milk thistle. Thankyou for any advice :)
Hi there, I also am taking milk thistle as I read it helps to cleanse the liver... Iv just had test done the main 1 being LFT I wanted to see if this was clear so I could apply for my license again and be ready for the dvla medical... 6 weeks no drink ( I only drink diet tonic) but my results show my gamma gt is high 62.1 probable cause alcohol?... the liver needs longer to cleanse, hope this helps... good luck x

Hi there, I also am taking milk thistle as I read it helps to cleanse the liver... Iv just had test done the main 1 being LFT I wanted to see if this was clear so I could apply for my license again and be ready for the dvla medical... 6 weeks no drink ( I only drink diet tonic) but my results show my gamma gt is high 62.1 probable cause alcohol?... the liver needs longer to cleanse, hope this helps... good luck x
Oh gosh bless you when is your medical? Hope it settles down for you ?

Irish posters still post LFT results
Many posters getting all anal about CDT levels but there's rest assured!
Unless your alcoholic or dependant or have regular misuse issues there is no cause for alarm,
However am not your GP and I will never know your baseline CDT, But stop worrying unless you realised you have alcohol issues

I havent drank any alcohol since my arrest 20 months ago. I honestly cant understand why anyone would bother again, knowing the potential risks. I treated my ban as though I’d been sent to prison, which I all honesty, I believe would have been appropriate for the offence . Drink drivers can and do cause accidents that kill people. If I’d been in jail I wouldn’t have been able to drink so I didn’t at home either. It was no big deal...and speaking as someone who has been a chronic alcoholic for many many years, the only reason people don’t stop after they get caught is because they have a dependency. I wrote the book of excuses when it comes to alcohol lol. Getting caught was the best thing that could have happened. I wish I’d been arrested years ago. I’m now alcohol free, fit, healthy, and clear headed and looking forward to the future!! I am so so thankful that I never had a car accident and hurt or killed someone... it could have happened and I’m very aware of it now. I won’t drink again in my life. I accept for the first time ever that I. One of those people who Will never be able to have just the one drink and I’m ok with that. I’d rather be. Alive and driving than banned for life or dead . ? Btw I blew nearly. 130 roadside. Being a fully functional alcoholic, I learned how to function as normally as anyone else. And my behaviours never gave Any indication of just how much I had drank,,, I never slurred my words or became aggressive or tearful or. Acted likea **** to anyone, I dont think so anyway lol...... Only smell of my breath would give me away if you got close enough lololol.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off