absolute discharge

Convicted Driver Insurance

fireball64

I received an absolute discharge for a DD offence on the basis I was acting in an emergency and distance travelled. (I was on private land assisting the Police to gain access to respond to a domestic incident in which I had been assaulted and my two 14 year olds had been threatened). Anyway the magistrates were fair, what i failed to understand was why I had to send my licence off and why I now have a DR10 on my licence. The upshot is I am severely physically disabled and have been offered a motability car, the condition for the insurance being no convictions for 5 years previously. My question therefore is what does absolute discharge mean exactly? When is the endorsement likely to be spent and is this really going to compromise my future mobility in obstructing me from getting a car I can drive? I hope I am not off topic and thanks for your attention. P.s. my licence does not quote the disqualification period and in the column titled "other" it says J000

Hi,

i Googled the terms and code you mentioned and got.........

Absolute discharge

This may be imposed where punishment is considered inappropriate. The offender is found guilty but no further action is considered necessary

Special Codes
J000 To signify an absolute discharge

so, to me anyway, it looks like you have received no ban but for the sake of the fact you were technically guilty the DR10 goes on your license. I really don`t know how this will affect your motorbility car.

Hope this helps.

You have been discharged from the Court without condition. This is a very rare sentence imposed only where there is no moral blameworthiness. There is no rehabilitation period with this sentence which means that the conviction is spent immediately.

You have been discharged from the Court without condition. This is a very rare sentence imposed only where there is no moral blameworthiness. There is no rehabilitation period with this sentence which means that the conviction is spent immediately.

Actually it takes 6 months for an "absolute discharge" to become "spent" in England and Wales.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off