About to apply for Licence Return

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Established Member
Hi

I am about to apply for the return of my licence. I am HRO and can apply from the 13th July 2021 for a new licence (90 days before my ban ends.)

I was just wondering if I can use the link to the D1 form on this site, print it out and then fill in the required details.

I went to the Post Office yesterday and asked for a D1 form, but they just gave me a standard application form.

Thanks

the “standard application form IS a D1, use the one from the post office
Sorry, I should have said a DR1 (HRO)

I had a look at the form I received and it doesn't include the DR1. I assume I need to complete both a D1 and a DR1 form and then send the application back to the Medical Team at the DVLA (I'm trying to recall what I did the last time.)

Thanks

No, you submit the D1, then DVLA send you the DR1 with the details for the medical. There is, however, nothing to stop you downloading the DR1 from the internet to complete in advance.

No, you submit the D1, then DVLA send you the DR1 with the details for the medical. There is, however, nothing to stop you downloading the DR1 from the internet to complete in advance.
Thanks

My memory must be going as I'm sure the DVLA sent me a pack the last time that included the D1 and the DR1 and told me to return it to their medical people.

It's not until next Tuesday anyway before I can apply so there is still time for the DVLA letter to arrive, although given the current situation I'm not holding my breath.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off