96 on breath

Convicted Driver Insurance

philscof

Im just about to start a apprenticeship in which my licence is essential and just been arrested with 96on my breath.

What happens next. will I def loose my licence?

Im just about to start a apprenticeship in which my licence is essential and just been arrested with 96on my breath.

What happens next. will I def loose my licence?

Presuming you have been charged with driving with excess alcohol:

A driving disqualification is mandatory upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, you cannot avoid a driving ban due to hardship caused as a result of losing your driving licence.

For a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 96 sentencing guidelines suggest a low to high level community order and a driving disqualification of between 23-28 months. First time offenders are usually offered the chance to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course, which, once completed, can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

As you had a substantial amount of alcohol in your system you will also be classed as a high risk offender. High risk offenders are required to satisfy the DVLA of their fitness to drive by taking a DVLA medical before their driving licence will be returned to them at the end of their disqualification period.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off