6 months have passed..

Convicted Driver Insurance

RegretItAll

Hi all,

6 months has now passed since the night of my drink driving incident

I would just like some advice on what action I should now take please?

thank you.

This was my advice on 8th January:

“The police may have applied for the paperwork to take you to court…… they have 6 months from the date of the offence to do this, and then further time to serve the paperwork on you so you cannot consider yourself to be in the clear until 7 - 7.5 months after the date of the incident.
Once the 6 month date has passed, there is nothing to lose by enquiring with the police for peace of mind because if the process has not been started by then it is to late for them.”

So I would hold on to having a celebratory drink tonight, as the paperwork may still turn up…. But it is safe to now ask the police if you need to have peace of mind…….

“The police may have applied for the paperwork to take you to court…… they have 6 months from the date of the offence to do this, and then further time to serve the paperwork on you so you cannot consider yourself to be in the clear until 7 - 7.5 months after the date of the incident.
Once the 6 month date has passed, there is nothing to lose by enquiring with the police for peace of mind because if the process has not been started by then it is to late for them.”

So I would hold on to having a celebratory drink tonight, as the paperwork may still turn up…. But it is safe to now ask the police if you need to have peace of mind…….
So how long after they have applied for paperwork do they get to charge me?

on the night of the incident I received no paper work etc is this normal?

To add some more context - I was taken to hospital where bloods were given - haven’t been interviewed or taken to the police station either.

Sorry to pester you @price1367 - are you saying that normally once the police have applied for paperwork to take a person to court the offender normally gets a letter within 4-6 weeks?

Sorry to pester you @price1367 - are you saying that normally once the police have applied for paperwork to take a person to court the offender normally gets a letter within 4-6 weeks?
Yes, so you could still get paperwork, but now the 6 months are up from the date of the offence they cannot apply for the paperwork, which is why you lose nothing by asking now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off