42 month ban over, 12 months later, 13 months sober

Convicted Driver Insurance

Max2978

My ban ended in march last year but the DVLA required 12 months abstinence from alcohol. I have done this, bloods every month via my GP (who is supportive of this process). I did my medical just over 8 weeks ago, I applied in the allowed timeframe of up to 90 days before… when I call up they tell me they have everything they need but cannot give me a time frame or even tell me what is likely to happen going forward.
Perhaps i’m overthinking it all but I just wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation unable to get answers

Thank you

My ban ended in march last year but the DVLA required 12 months abstinence from alcohol. I have done this, bloods every month via my GP (who is supportive of this process). I did my medical just over 8 weeks ago, I applied in the allowed timeframe of up to 90 days before… when I call up they tell me they have everything they need but cannot give me a time frame or even tell me what is likely to happen going forward.
Perhaps i’m overthinking it all but I just wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation unable to get answers

Thank you
Nope it's exactly the same for me. My 1 year licence expired in 11th February. I applied for a new one early in November. 3 phone calls later and despite telling them that people on this forum who applied after me have already had their medicals, I am still waiting on a letter and currently driving under S88 dreading being ANPR'd as having no licence and having to explain to some cop who has no idea, why I can still drive.

Nope it's exactly the same for me. My 1 year licence expired in 11th February. I applied for a new one early in November. 3 phone calls later and despite telling them that people on this forum who applied after me have already had their medicals, I am still waiting on a letter and currently driving under S88 dreading being ANPR'd as having no licence and having to explain to some cop who has no idea, why I can still drive.

ANPR cameras on moving vehicles do not flag up a driver’s licence details as how does the camera know who the driver is????

ANPR cameras will flag up insurance, tax, MOT and any intelligence markers on the vehicle if it is involved in organised crime.

Strategic ANPR cameras do not know who is driving each vehicle. Why do you think speed camera activations send NIP’s to the keeper’s address asking who was behind the wheel at the time of the offence?

CJ

ANPR cameras on moving vehicles do not flag up a driver’s licence details as how does the camera know who the driver is????

ANPR cameras will flag up insurance, tax, MOT and any intelligence markers on the vehicle if it is involved in organised crime.

Strategic ANPR cameras do not know who is driving each vehicle. Why do you think speed camera activations send NIP’s to the keeper’s address asking who was behind the wheel at the time of the offence?

CJ
This has completely taken away from my point.
I cannot drive at all legally until I have a response therefore I’m in a different situation.
Atleast if you are following the law you should not have any problems !! 🤨

CJ
I'm pretty sure that they flag up the registered keeper of the vehicle and also their licence status. Could any cops on here confirm?

I'm pretty sure that they flag up the registered keeper of the vehicle and also their licence status. Could any cops on here confirm?
No serving police officers on here as far as i am aware. Price used to be our bobby no longer comes on the forum which is a shame.

No serving police officers on here as far as i am aware. Price used to be our bobby no longer comes on the forum which is a shame.

I believe Pricey was long since retired from the police and had been conducting the DD courses in recent years. Such a shame he no longer takes part in the forum.

CJ

I don’t necessarily believe this is right. A registered keeper of a vehicle doesn’t necessarily have to have a driving licence. What if the keeper is a company and the said vehicle is under a business name? Rental and lease vehicles spring to mind here - that’s why criminals tend to use them when transporting their ill gotten gains from one part of the country to another.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off