2nd Drink Drive offence in under 10 years

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello.

I've been a total idiot and drove over the limit a few days ago and was charged with drinking and driving. I was involved in a collision, a lorry hit me from the back. Fortunately no one was hurt. A witness to the accident stopped and advised the police that the I was at non fault and that the lorry driver had been driving dangerously for a few miles before the accident. The police advised me that they have confirmed and recorded that I was not at fault.

This is my 2nd offence in under 10 years. The first was in 2012 where I was charged with DR40, drink while in charge of vehicle. I never planned to drive that evening back then, I was waiting for my sister to arrive back to the station and sat in the car to keep warm. But at the end of the day I guess that didnt matter. I was caught and that was that. I was not banned from driving but received 10 points. This time round it's more of a serious charge. I blew 69 on the breathalyser.

I'm deeply ashamed and remorseful that I am here again. I was told I am looking at minimum 3 year ban. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to reduce the time. Will I be offered the Driver Rehabilitation course? Will a character reference be of any help? I do a lot of charity work and am dependent on my car..I should of thought of this before I chose to drove that day but my selfishness and ignorance took over. Could I get banned for more than 3 years? Even worse, will I go to Prison?

Any advise is appreciated. Thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off