2 years sober doctor said alcholol dependant!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

jessica

Hi
I got a 3 year ban (2nd in 10 years) and did the drink drive course so my ban should be up in 3 weeks.. With the help of AA I am 2 years sober and it has made a huge difference to my life... I went for my medial it was very rushed and she said they wouldn't need to write to my doctor...
However my doctor rang me last week as he had a letter from the dvla and said he didn't know whether to put I am alcholol dependant or not as I go to AA meetings. I said I'm over 2 years sober of course I'm not but he said he didn't understand why I go to aa meetings if I'm not alcholol dependant.....
I'm now so scared.... Can they refuse my license if he has put that I'm alcholol dependant even tho my blood tests will show otherwise ?

You really need to speak to your doctor on this one why would a doctor really be doubting his patient after two years, however if dvla do find you dependent they will require a minimum of 12 months sobriety followed with medical evidence, which I'm sure you can provide(LFT) between you and your doctor.... you need to find out what your doctor has classed you as going forward....

Yes they can refuse you a licence on the basis of alcohol dependent, but if you've got the blood test as you say it'll be just a matter of putting your medical evidence together and forwarding to dvla...

I know I couldn't believe it when he rung me he knows I'm 2 years sober he just said he didn't know what to put on the alcholol dependant bit as I go to aa regularly..... I know the medical profession don't get alcoholism but it's a joke.... The medical lady said they wouldn't even write to my doctor so I was a bit surprised unless they have to write as a process...... He might if ticked no but I'm panicking.... Can they refuse if he has ticked yes but my blood test is fine?

Yes they can refuse you a licence on the basis of alcohol dependent, but if you've got the blood test as you say it'll be just a matter of putting your medical evidence together and forwarding to dvla...
So if they refuse can I appeal do u think

Usually what happens is they send a medical report to your doctor for him to fill in regarding any alcohol issues in the last three years. This is pretty much the norm now, sounds like this is where your at that's why he's questioned it, and if he has ticked yes to alcohol dependent(sent the medical report back to dvla) then in a few weeks you'll have a letter of refusal due to this medical condition, not the news you want I know but this is the real start of getting your licence reinstated. Together with your doctor you will send medical evidence to prove you are not a danger to other road users and that you no longer have dependency issue, the process can be a long road to getting your license back. This is what the dvla don't advise people and many folk turn to the forum just like you to find out..

Because of your past drink drives you will be investigated to determine if there are any further alcohol issues because now dvla will treat you as a high risk offender. Nothing out of the ordinary here but more than likely you will need to provide liver function test through your doctor to prove to dvla that you have been abstaining from alcohol for 12 months,usually 4 tests should cover you....

Because of your past drink drives you will be investigated to determine if there are any further alcohol issues because now dvla will treat you as a high risk offender. Nothing out of the ordinary here but more than likely you will need to provide liver function test through your doctor to prove to dvla that you have been abstaining from alcohol for 12 months,usually 4 tests should cover you....
He could of flipping been testing me all last year if this was the case... He knows I'm sober in even helping others in recovery..... I expected to just have it back after the medical she said they wouldn't even write to him.... If he ticked km not alcholol dependant ill be OK won't I? I really need to find out xx

I do feel most of these doctors will not be aware of the dvla decision as it will state on the letter, your doctor may well have ticked no but the fact of the matter is they have started investigations by the sounds of it, you can ring dvla to see if they have requested a medical report and if so speak to your doctor about LFTs, my licence was revoked for 6 months for alcohol misuse(not drink driving ) was supposed to be 6 months free of alcohol to reinstate my license and it's been 10 months to date... still no license...

I do feel most of these doctors will not be aware of the dvla decision as it will state on the letter, your doctor may well have ticked no but the fact of the matter is they have started investigations by the sounds of it, you can ring dvla to see if they have requested a medical report and if so speak to your doctor about LFTs, my licence was revoked for 6 months for alcohol misuse(not drink driving ) was supposed to be 6 months free of alcohol to reinstate my license and it's been 10 months to date... still no license...
Oh no do u keep chasing them?
I had a medical last month with blood tests and expected just to get my licence when ban is up but now they have written to my doctor I'm not sure

I would of thought that your doctor would of regularly been checking your LFTs if you discussed alcohol dependence with him ...

I would of thought that your doctor would of regularly been checking your LFTs if you discussed alcohol dependence with him ...
He's not because he doesn't think I am alcholol dependant I was years ago but I'm 2 years sober it was the fact that I go to aa that he doesn't understand why I go if I'm not dependant on alcholol... The doctor knows I'm OK now I'm just scared he had ticked the box as I go to aa which is ridiculous... I just gonna ring dvla tomorrow xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off