1st Offence Driving Under The Influence of Cannabis.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dylan23

So I was arrested on Friday for driving while high. I left the cinema and smoked a joint on the way back, the officer said they stopped me for the smell and not my driving (they didnt search the car or find anything & also let my friends get the bus home.)

I tested positive and was taken to the station for blood tests and I'll hear back in 6 weeks for the results.

I complied and admitted to smoking it as soon as I was put in the car, its my first offence but some forums have got me shitting my self.

Any ideas or prosecution or fines?

If you had only just smoked a joint it is almost certain you are going to be over the cannabis threshold.
The punishment for this is a minimum 12 month ban, but there are no guidelines to how long the ban should be according to your reading, unlike drink driving.
Unfortunately, although we have piloted a course, there is not the mechanism in law at the moment for a reduction in a drug driving ban by completing an educational course, so what you get is what you will serve.
You will have a fine according to your means, with the liklihood of it being 1.25-1.5 your weekly income, plus £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off