0.0% or 0.1%

Convicted Driver Insurance

Weaveand

I'm soon to have my own private CDT.
I'm to prove 1 year abstinence.
If the result comes back as 0.1%, am I best to have a retest a month later to try to achieve 0.0%, does anyone know the value DVLA are looking for?

I would clearly be in their green zone and safe to drive. But I'm worried they would look at the result of 0.1% and say "you must of had alcohol and have not abstained for a one year period".

I did have some wine about 9 weeks ago!

There is no such result as 0.0%, everyone has some CDD in their blood, even lifetime non drinkers.
The key thing is to have a result under 1%

I'm soon to have my own private CDT.
I'm to prove 1 year abstinence.
If the result comes back as 0.1%, am I best to have a retest a month later to try to achieve 0.0%, does anyone know the value DVLA are looking for?

I would clearly be in their green zone and safe to drive. But I'm worried they would look at the result of 0.1% and say "you must of had alcohol and have not abstained for a one year period".

I did have some wine about 9 weeks ago!
Do not waste your money unless its for your own use as Dvla will not accept them

Agree with Topchippyles I have been told by the DVLA they are not accepted as proof unless they are carried out by DVLA approved clinics and only when booked by the DVLA .

I've seen people say it's a waiste of time and money. Makes you wonder why they openly invite further medical information when they won't consider it.

Has anyone had their licence returned after sending private medical information!?

I've seen people say it's a waiste of time and money. Makes you wonder why they openly invite further medical information when they won't consider it.

Has anyone had their licence returned after sending private medical information!?
Please take in what is being said, Your wasting your money unless its for your own use. Quiet a lot have them done leading up to the dvla medical to make sure they are in the correct zone CDT levels.

The only time that I've seen a private CDT test be of any use is when someone is applying for their license to be returned early as a way of proving that your CDT levels have been around that of a person who either doesn't drink or drinks within the recommended guidelines. To answer your question, there is no such thing as 0.0% as every living person produces CDT to some extent or other as a by-product of existing as a human. I did however see a story in the news recently about how a guy was arrested in the States for DUI but he suffered from a rare condition whereby his body was in effect a living brewery!

Even then, it's questionable whether the Magistrates will actually even look at the test results due to the limited amount of time you have to state your case.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off