Medical from DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

snk7

Got a letter from DVLA to go for a medical a couple of weeks ago. This will be my one of many of the course of the years.

Letter mentions I need to contact a GP address that I usually have attended in the past. I have a few days from the date of the letter to contact GP. Otherwise it won't count!

However I have called the GP - they tell me they have no appointments or any fixtures for a medical and call them back in a few weeks!

The DVLA states I need to contact them when I make an appointment - But the issue is when I call their medical dept - I cannot get through.
I have calling them at least 30 times during each day at random over the weeks- But its a voicemail that states to look online then phone call hangs up.

Not sure what to do?

If anyone can advise?

Can you clarify exactly what DVLA are asking you to do?
Are they asking you for contact details for your GP
Are they asking for you to have a medical with your GP in addition to their own medical?
Are they asking you to check with your GP as a part of being able to drive under S88 while your application is processed (if your licence is about to expire- when does your 1 year licence run out?)

Can you clarify exactly what DVLA are asking you to do?
Are they asking you for contact details for your GP
Are they asking for you to have a medical with your GP in addition to their own medical?
Are they asking you to check with your GP as a part of being able to drive under S88 while your application is processed (if your licence is about to expire- when does your 1 year licence run out?)
- DVLA mentions to book with GP within a few days after the date of letter, this has elapsed!
- Yes, asking for me to contact GP
- Medical is with a their own registered GP (Not my personal GP) - I have been there before
- I am currently driving under Sec 88, last year there was no medical due to the pandemic - I got a 1yr license renewed. My GP last year sent of the forms to them - My GP for in touch with me during last summer
- My 1 yr license has already expired

Sorry, this is still not clear…. “ DVLA mentions to book with GP within a few days after the date of letter, this has elapsed!
- Yes, asking for me to contact GP”
What EXACTLY are they asking you do? Do they want you to have a medical with your GP?…..I know their own doctor is doing a medical with you.
If so, how do they want to find out the result? Will they be writing to your GP to ask about the result, because the norm is that they write to your GP and ask them to fill out the standard questionnaire (and pay them for it)
If they are not writing to your GP what is to stop you saying that you have been to the GP without actually going?

The other possibility is that they are asking you to see your GP about driving under S88. If that is the case and you cannot get confirmation from your GP about your fitness to drive (in his opinion) then S88 does not apply to you until you have seen or spoken to your GP to confirm this.

If you are still not clear about what the issues are, if you want you can send me a picture of the letter (with your personal details redacted) and I will let you know what I think.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off