Has anyone got licence back without having done LFT's?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sillynurse

I'm slightly worried as I have read a few times recently about people here stating that the DVLA want you to have LFT's recorded over a 12 month period. I've applied and I am waiting for them to cash my cheque and get in touch about a medical as I am HRO. My last drink is recorded as being 7 months ago with my GP but I haven't had any LFT'S done at all. Surely if this was a requirement then we should somehow be notified? I don't know if I will be put in the dependent or misuser bracket but if I get refused my licence just on the basis I haven't had any bloods done with my GP this year then that's massively unfair?
Feel like I'm projecting and worrying about the outcome of my medical. I'm a critical worker, I'm in AA and my last drink date was March 2021. My ban ends December 1st.
Is it worth getting my bloods done at the GP ?

Have you had this conversation with your GP? DVLA decision about misuse/dependency seems to depend on their notes about you.

Have you had this conversation with your GP? DVLA decision about misuse/dependency seems to depend on their notes about you.
I've got an appointment with her in November so I'm going to try and speak to her again. I will ask for my bloods be done too just in case dvla request them. I'm just wanting a bit of reassurance in the meantime as I'm getting a bit anxious about the whole thing now.

I've got an appointment with her in November so I'm going to try and speak to her again. I will ask for my bloods be done too just in case dvla request them. I'm just wanting a bit of reassurance in the meantime as I'm getting a bit anxious about the whole thing now.
That’s exactly what I did. My GP called to do the questionnaire and classed me as someone who misused. I logged my last drink with them and had a LFT booked the for next day anyway. My GP sent of the questionnaire and the LFT results to the DVLA last Thursday and now I’m just waiting.
I think getting ahead of the DVLA and getting a LFT done can’t hurt. Ultimately that’s the only thing you can do to easy the anxiety. Best wishes.

Surely if this was a requirement then we should somehow be notified?
Unfortunately the DVLA give no information as to how they want you to ‘prove’ your sobriety. All my information has come from this forum (I am very thankful for that).

Thank you. I guess that's all I can do. The rest is out of my control. Praying I am classed as misuser and not dependent.

Thank you. I guess that's all I can do. The rest is out of my control. Praying I am classed as misuser and not dependent.
It is such a stressful process, and from my own experience I know how easy it is to start worrying about absolutely everything and, in my case , overthinking every aspect of it . The best thing is to have a conversation with your GP. I’d try and do it sooner than next month if possible. This may well put your mind at rest . Good luck with it. You sound to have made great progress , as I did , which is so valuable in itself, regardless of what it proves to DVLA. 😃

I'm slightly worried as I have read a few times recently about people here stating that the DVLA want you to have LFT's recorded over a 12 month period. I've applied and I am waiting for them to cash my cheque and get in touch about a medical as I am HRO. My last drink is recorded as being 7 months ago with my GP but I haven't had any LFT'S done at all. Surely if this was a requirement then we should somehow be notified? I don't know if I will be put in the dependent or misuser bracket but if I get refused my licence just on the basis I haven't had any bloods done with my GP this year then that's massively unfair?
Feel like I'm projecting and worrying about the outcome of my medical. I'm a critical worker, I'm in AA and my last drink date was March 2021. My ban ends December 1st.
Is it worth getting my bloods done at the GP ?
This is my second time on the merry go round.

I got my licence back in 2019 (and lost it again a couple of months later.)

The first time around the DVLA did write to my GP, but I hadn't contacted him since I'd been banned in 2017 and he gave me a 1 week course of diazepam in case of withdrawal symptoms.

I received my licence back that time with no issues, but even though my CDT is in the 0.20% region, I would imagine they will contact GP again. If they tell me they are I will phone him and discuss use/misuse/abuse as my ban expired on the 12th October and I'm desperate to drive again.

I've only had 1 private LFT which was fine, but I know the DVLA don't recognise these.

I'm also in AA and 27 months sober ODAAT.

I didn’t have any LFTs but I do have my last drink recorded with my GP. My GP has never asked me to take tests etc to prove my sobriety to her but she also knows that I could have reapplied for my licence a lot sooner than I did, but chose not to until I had sorted my alcohol issues out so we have a solid mutual trust relationship.

Afternoon

I was banned from driving in February 2019 and served 22 months off the road before getting my licence back in January this year (2021).

I stopped drinking alcohol in August 2019, and I then had four LFT's done during the remaining period of my ban, just so I could show evidence of sobriety prior to the DVLA medical.

As I am presently on a 12 month temporary licence, I have had two further LFT's done this year in preparation for my second DVLA medical.

One thing about LFT's - my last couple of LFT's were slightly elevated and I was concerned that the elevation might indicate heavy drinking again (when I have been tee-total). My GP did send off one LFT blood sample to a Phlebotomist which showed that I have a slight non-alcohol related medical condition which means my LFT's will never be a low reading.

The point I am making is that LFTs are good evidence to obtain if you are a HRO, but just be mindful that there are occasions when the readings might not come back as satisfactorily as you would hope. What the GP show then do is disclose this to the DVLA to mitigate and suggestion their HRO candidate is not drinking.

CJ

Thank you cj. I bet you thought the time would never come for you to get back on the road, my ban is also 22 months and ends 1st December but I'm well prepared that this will more than likely be longer.
I'm just going to continue as I am doing and also get at least 1 LFT done or at least ask my gp about it. It can't do any harm.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off