Keyworker trying to make an application of early return of licence.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Asad.21

I have had 3 drink driving offences over the period of 7 years. My most recent conviction was in 2018 and I was disqualified for 3 years. Im a key worker now and I been struggling to get into work and number of other factors which are affecting me and I need some guidance on how to make the application and what it should include and what the format of the letter im writing to the court should look like?

This is a quote from a solicitors website:
“A persuasive argument is required and the court will want to know about any change in your personal circumstances that could help justify the early return of your licence. By way of summary, the court will likely consider:

• Your character and conduct following conviction;
  • The nature of the offence for which disqualification was ordered;
  • Any other relevant circumstances (E.g. Employment status, family/personal)

Applications are likely to be opposed by the police/CPS and it is crucial that you are represented to give your application the best chance of being successful. If your application fails, you will have to wait 3 months before you can make another attempt.”

You have to have served at least half of your ban, and have served at least 2 years of your ban.
So if you are going it alone, you write a letter to the court that banned you, asking for a hearing. I would advise setting out the circumstances why you want this to be granted. You will have the opportunity to expand on this in court, but the letter wil be shared with the police / CPS who can raise objections. The less information you put in the letter, the more likely it will be that there will be objections from CPS in court to the application.

As you have 3 convictions, the ‘character and conduct following conviction’ will be important. What can you say - and prove- you have done to address your drinking to satisfy the court that you are now at very little risk of reoffending?
What public transport opportunities are there for you to get to work? why don't you use them? If you say it is ‘impossible‘, you have an argument, if you say it is ‘difficult’ then it is supposed to be.. you are being punished for 3 drink drive convictions!
Why dont you use a push bike?

What is the nature of you key working? How will society benefit from you being able to drive? The court are far more interested in the benefits to others by you getting your licence back than the benefits to you....

On a similar note, my solicitor has submitted their letter requesting the early return of my licence. Ban for three years occurred two years and three months ago. I keep reading that courts are seriously backed up in hearing cases. Realise this is kind of an impossible question but does anybody have any realistic idea of how long I may have to wait? Between court and medical delays, I have a feeling it may well end up being the entire three years. Oh well, at least my solicitor was nice enough not to charge me for the letter.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off