How long should I not drink before a CDT test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Simple answer is to stop now!
In many cases it is taking ages to get a medical, but Sod’s law says that if you think ‘well it is 2 - 3 months away, I might as well drink for 4 or 5 week still’... you will be the one to get an early test offer!

Simple answer is to stop now!
In many cases it is taking ages to get a medical, but Sod’s law says that if you think ‘well it is 2 - 3 months away, I might as well drink for 4 or 5 week still’... you will be the one to get an early test offer!
Yeah of course, I haven’t drunk already in 3 weeks :) I’m wanting to book the test ASAP in like the next week or so - is a month of no drinking enough?

You will not get the medical in the next week.
From when you submit your applications twill take 2-4 weeks before you here anything about which doctor to contact, (if they do not give you the stock answer of ‘medicals are not taking place at the moment’) and you then have to hope that you can get an appointment from the doctor within the 12 week window DVLA currently say is acceptable.............

You will not get the medical in the next week.
From when you submit your applications twill take 2-4 weeks before you here anything about which doctor to contact, (if they do not give you the stock answer of ‘medicals are not taking place at the moment’) and you then have to hope that you can get an appointment from the doctor within the 12 week window DVLA currently say is acceptable.............
I’ve know which dr to contact and they’ve advised I can book within next few weeks due to cancellations.

just honestly wanting to know how long I should not drink for before appointment? All ready done 3 weeks :)

But you cannot book until DVLA have accepted your application and approved the medical.
In some cases, reported on here, people have told DVLA that they have found a doctor, only for them to refuse to allow them to use that doctor. They are left then with going through the DVLA complaints procedure that adds even more to the timescales.
Generally speaking, if someone drinks within the guidelines (14 units, spread out over the week) then the CDT score should be acceptable after 3-5 weeks.
The only reason I am hesitant in saying you should follow those guidelines is that you say that you binge Drink. Can you really stick to 14 units spread out over a week, or will one or two drinks lead to many more?
Also a binge in isolation can raise CDT for up to a couple of weeks.
All in all, you LIKE a drink, you NEED your licence back so prioritise the licence application.

Reactions: TPR
Worse case scenario I have read about is 12-14 weeks, but that was for an alcoholic before their CDT reached normal limits.

Reactions: TPR
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off