Our Law makers

Convicted Driver Insurance

Milton

Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees, but has the following Employee Statistics.
29 have been accused of spouse abuse,
7 have been arrested for fraud,
9 have been accused of writing bad cheques,
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses,
3 have done time for assault,
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit,
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges,
8 have been arrested for shoplifting,
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits,
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year,
And collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer £92,993,748 in expenses!
Which organisation is this?
It's the 635 members of the House of Commons.
The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
What a bunch of crooks we have running our country - it says it all...
And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country - whilst trying to ensure that everyone else has the worst possible!

I have seen this posted on Facebook recently..... where is the evidence that 84 MP’s have been arrested for drink driving? I would be amazed if that figure was correct and question where this came from. How would anyone know who has been refused a credit card?
And if that is not enough proof that this is rubbish, below is a link to the Guardian about an almost identical ‘story’ from 2006, which appears to have been about US politicians, and been resurrected in other countries.
I have to say Milton, that I often find your stories to be rather fanciful, now this one tops the lot!

Only a fool would believe these claims.

I presume you would have only posted this if you believed it?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/mar/20/mpsincorruptionshocker

Last edited:
Seems to have been dug up by Brexit supporters because they believe the Daily Express line that MPs/judges/the EU or whoever is villain of the week is stealing Brexit.

There's enough mad news around at the moment without people making up more.

I have seen this posted on Facebook recently..... where is the evidence that 84 MP’s have been arrested for drink driving? I would be amazed if that figure was correct and question where this came from. How would anyone know who has been refused a credit card?
And if that is not enough proof that this is rubbish, below is a link to the Guardian about an almost identical ‘story’ from 2006, which appears to have been about US politicians, and been resurrected in other countries.
I have to say Milton, that I often find your stories to be rather fanciful, now this one tops the lot!

Only a fool would believe these claims.

I presume you would have only posted this if you believed it?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/mar/20/mpsincorruptionshocker

I have made no claims regarding the accuracy of this article so please don't assume I believe it's content.
Sorry to read that you imply I'm a fool and that my recent posts are fanciful.
My recent posts regarding Police behaviour in pubs and clubs are absolutely true.
Maybe you think that the Police never break the law.
Only a fool would believe that.
A few years ago there was a programme on my local radio station regarding the drink drive course.
Several ex-students were interviewed and mentioned that some of the other students were Police officers.
They expressed their astonishment that Police officers break the drink drive laws but don't
loose their jobs as a result.

Recently you told me that drink driving has always been recordable and will result in a criminal record
that remains until your 100th birthday.
My recent Police subject access request report proves that's not true.
I assume you think that my completely clean criminal record is another fanciful story.
Well I'm sorry, but you are wrong, I do tell the truth and I'm willing to send you my subject access request report
via email to prove it.

Mr Price seems to think that Politicians are honest and don't break the law.

Read this:

10 Former cabinet minister Jonathan Aitken was convicted of perjury and perverting the course of justice in 1999. The former Tory MP received an 18-month prison sentence. The sentencing judge told him he had spun a ‘web of deceit’.

9 Jeffrey Archer was convicted of perjury and perverting the course of justice during a 1987 libel case. The novelist and former Tory MP was jailed for four years in 2001.

8 Tory peer Lord Hanningfield was jailed for nine months in 2011 after being convicted of falsely claiming nearly £14,000 in parliamentary expenses. The former Essex County Council leader spent just nine weeks in prison.

7 David Chaytor, ex-Labour MP for Bury North, was jailed for 18 months in 2011 after pleading guilty to fraudulently claiming more than £20,000 in expenses.

6 Former Conservative politician Lord Taylor of Warwick was jailed for 12 months in 2011 after falsely claiming £11,277 in travel costs.

5 Elliot Morley, former Labour MP for Scunthorpe, was sentenced to 16 months imprisonment in 2011 after claiming more than £30,000 in false mortgage payments.

4 Ex-Labour MP for Livingston Jim Devine was sentenced to 16 months in 2011 after submitting false invoices totalling £8,385.

3 Eric Illsley, former Labour MP for Barnsley Central, was jailed for a year in 2011 after pleading guilty to £14,000 of fraudulent expenses.

2 Labour minister John Stonehouse faced 18 charges of theft, forgery and conspiracy to commit insurance fraud in 1976. He served three years of his seven-year sentence.

1 Horatio Bottomley, an independent MP for Hackney South in 1918, was convicted of fraud in 1922 and sentenced to seven years in prison.

I would simply ask “why would you publish such a defamatory set of claims without the simplest of checks to test for their truthfulness?
If you did not believe it to be true, why would you publish this, what is your motive?
How does it help discussion about drink driving to make claims about 84 MP’s being arrested in the past year for drink driving?
Why not ask if anyone knew if it was true or not? It simply reads as a list of facts.
Again, What were you hoping to achieve by putting this on this drink driving discussion forum?

I really cannot be bothered to search back through endless posts on here to find the information, but I seem to recall you claimed a while ago that you could not get employment as a driver because of a 35 year old drink drive conviction that was still showing up. I maintained that this would not be the case if it was your only conviction. If you only have one criminal conviction and it is not on the exempt list, then even with an enhanced DBS check it will not show up after 11 years and does not have to be declared. If you have 2 or more then they are never exempt.

As to the 100 years bit, this is not something that I have made up. Here is the information to back up what I have said. You cannot say “well that is what happened to me, so that is what happens to everyone,” the same as you cannot say “one of my friends had this happen to them so everyone gets the same experience. “
You can read this:
“Retention

The current practice is for the police to store details of all recordable offences, and other specific offences, and for these to be held until the individual reaches 100 years old. What’s recorded on the PNC?
Historically, the process of retention has varied.
Prior to early 2006, the police were able to delete records from the PNC after a certain period, depending on the nature of the offence. This was possible under the old ‘weeding’ guidelines. However, the police do not appear to have deleted records on a systematic basis, and many records that were eligible for deletion were never actually deleted. If you have a CRB check (as they were known then) that you did prior to 2006 that came back clear, your offences have either been deleted or were not recorded in the first place.
In 2006, the police stopped deleting records and introduced a new policy, the ‘Exceptional Case Procedure’, which stated that all records would be held until an individual reached 100 years of age. “. “
http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/retention-deletion-police-records/
So your clear subject access request could have been due to old procedures. To comment on the law on a public forum people should be aware of up to date legislation so that readers are not misled.
The advice I offer on here is based on over 40 years of dealing with the criminal system in general and drink driving in particular, and I do not publish information that is not verifiable..... I will let readers decide for themselves who is providing information that really assists them with why they visit this site.

Mr Price seems to think that Politicians are honest and don't break the law.

Read this:

10 Former cabinet minister Jonathan Aitken was convicted of perjury and perverting the course of justice in 1999. The former Tory MP received an 18-month prison sentence. The sentencing judge told him he had spun a ‘web of deceit’.

9 Jeffrey Archer was convicted of perjury and perverting the course of justice during a 1987 libel case. The novelist and former Tory MP was jailed for four years in 2001.

8 Tory peer Lord Hanningfield was jailed for nine months in 2011 after being convicted of falsely claiming nearly £14,000 in parliamentary expenses. The former Essex County Council leader spent just nine weeks in prison.

7 David Chaytor, ex-Labour MP for Bury North, was jailed for 18 months in 2011 after pleading guilty to fraudulently claiming more than £20,000 in expenses.

6 Former Conservative politician Lord Taylor of Warwick was jailed for 12 months in 2011 after falsely claiming £11,277 in travel costs.

5 Elliot Morley, former Labour MP for Scunthorpe, was sentenced to 16 months imprisonment in 2011 after claiming more than £30,000 in false mortgage payments.

4 Ex-Labour MP for Livingston Jim Devine was sentenced to 16 months in 2011 after submitting false invoices totalling £8,385.

3 Eric Illsley, former Labour MP for Barnsley Central, was jailed for a year in 2011 after pleading guilty to £14,000 of fraudulent expenses.

2 Labour minister John Stonehouse faced 18 charges of theft, forgery and conspiracy to commit insurance fraud in 1976. He served three years of his seven-year sentence.

1 Horatio Bottomley, an independent MP for Hackney South in 1918, was convicted of fraud in 1922 and sentenced to seven years in prison.

Where have I said anywhere on here that politicians are honest and don’t break the law? Of course they do, the same as all professions. I challenged the claims that were in the post on here, and showed that they were copied from America 12 years ago and it has been pointed out that the claims first appeared 20 years ago and they are made up, in relation to our parliament.

I don't think it is any secret that almost everyone, and especially anyone with a driving licence, breaks the law on a frequent basis.

Likewise you will get preferential treatment where you work. I don't wait 4hrs in A&E.

The idea that you can flout the rules with impunity is of course incorrect - eventually you run up against the wrong person. The difference is that high profile figures and those with professional registration face greater scrutiny when they are caught.

I've never worked for the police, and as in another thread have been personally frustrated at obvious back covering. But I struggle to believe that any police officer routinely breaks the law with impunity, not least because I know a bunch of decent coppers who wouldn't stand for it.

As for MPs their interest extends to yesterday's chip papers.

Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees, but has the following Employee Statistics.
29 have been accused of spouse abuse,
7 have been arrested for fraud,
9 have been accused of writing bad cheques,
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses,
3 have done time for assault,
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit,
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges,
8 have been arrested for shoplifting,
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits,
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year,
And collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer £92,993,748 in expenses!
Which organisation is this?
It's the 635 members of the House of Commons.
The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
What a bunch of crooks we have running our country - it says it all...
And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country - whilst trying to ensure that everyone else has the worst possible!

#fakenews

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off