I'm really confused!

Convicted Driver Insurance

HLB

I was disqualified from driving for 2 years & given an unpaid work order on November 8th 2009. Is this conviction now spent? I can't really make sense of whether it's spent after the ban is up (which is now) or after 5 years.

Also, when I apply for a job does the exemption under the Rehabilitaion of Offenders Act mean I have to disclose it even though it's spent (& the employer only asks for unspent convictions) , or just that it will be shown on my CRB certificate?

I am assuming that you mean that your conviction was in 2007 and not 2009!

Please see our website for information in relation to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. This can be found at

http://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/se...offenders_act/

If the job application form asks if you have ever been convicted then the answer is that you have. This is something where you either have to discuss the situation with your employer or make an informed decision yourself.

Just to be clear, if a job application simply asks if you have convictions but makes no reference to whether they are spent or not then you are not obliged to disclose spent convictions. The only occasion on which you are obliged to disclose spent convictions is if you are specifically asked to do so or if the question/form says that the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply.

I hope that this is clear.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off