DVLA RECENT MEDICAL TIMESCALE

Convicted Driver Insurance

tom999

Hello,

I know there are already posts on this topic however I wanted recent experiences. So.. if I were to send off my application form to undertake the medical tomorrow (03/01/2014), how long would you expect it to take until the DVLA come back to me to be able to book it? Are there any ways of speeding this time up?
Secondly, to anyone who has undertaken the new medical examination, how long do you need to abstain from alcohol for? I know this varies, I am a 21 year old who exercises very regularly and drinks socially.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer!

Hi Tom i can only speak from my own experience for now and can,t answer all questions until i know the results of test but my story is
sent off my form gave it a week then contacted dvla got through to medical department and a letter arrived within 4 days of phone call to book medical with DVLA doctor . when letter arrives it will say allow 4 days from receipt of this letter before booking your medical and i think must be booked no more than 6 or 8 weeks of letter. I stayed off the beer for 5 weeks have had the medical and am now awaiting results had my medical on the 15th Dec 2014 contacted DVLA on 31st and results are with medical team and now awaiting results as due back on the road on the 20th of this month. Some people don,t completely stop drinking but drink within the guidelines but i stopped altogether to give myself the best shot as have HGV class 1 entitlement as well so wan,t it back. Will keep you updated as soon as i get any more news

I am hoping that mine is a unique case but I applied for my medical & license in July 2014, and finally got my letter though mid October. On the flipside, I had my medical on 25th November and my license arrived on 1st December. I did call the DVAL to ensure they had got my results back and all ok which they did.

Hi all here is an update as promised received a letter from DVLA 16.01.15 saying thank you for attendinging your medical we have now received the results.To allow us to progress your application we have now written to your GP for further information we usually expect a reply within 4 weeks. When we receive their reply our medical advisor will then consider your fitness to drive. This may take some time but as soon as a decision has been made we will let you know .
so thats my ban finished on 20th January but now DVLA are holding the cards i,m now otherwise banned till they say otherwise not exactly fair justice now panicking that they,ve found something that i don,t know about as never see my doctor except once every 5 years for an HGV medical. Are they just checking to see if i,ve lied on the questionaire which i haven,t as 2 weeks prior passed HGV medical.

Hi Tom i can only speak from my own experience for now and can,t answer all questions until i know the results of test but my story is
sent off my form gave it a week then contacted dvla got through to medical department and a letter arrived within 4 days of phone call to book medical with DVLA doctor . when letter arrives it will say allow 4 days from receipt of this letter before booking your medical and i think must be booked no more than 6 or 8 weeks of letter. I stayed off the beer for 5 weeks have had the medical and am now awaiting results had my medical on the 15th Dec 2014 contacted DVLA on 31st and results are with medical team and now awaiting results as due back on the road on the 20th of this month. Some people don,t completely stop drinking but drink within the guidelines but i stopped altogether to give myself the best shot as have HGV class 1 entitlement as well so wan,t it back. Will keep you updated as soon as i get any more news
I had my medical last Tuesday 13th January. Answered all questions had blood taken. Just come home 6 days later and my licence has been sent to me. Quick or what

I had my medical last Tuesday 13th January. Answered all questions had blood taken. Just come home 6 days later and my licence has been sent to me. Quick or what

Bloody hell didn,t hang around with you looks like they,re hanging me out to dry glad you got it back must be a big relief. I,m not sure what they,re up to with me as maybe the high reading and they,re plying it safe i blew 117 and i,m applying for car, motorcycle and HGV class 1 so maybe reason for contacting GP buggered if i know i,ll let you know updates if your still gonna be using forum

Was really pleased and surprised I blew high myself. Stayed off beer for 14 days but cut back for a month before that. And yip will still stay in touch this forum has helped me through 18 months of hell
Bloody hell didn,t hang around with you looks like they,re hanging me out to dry glad you got it back must be a big relief. I,m not sure what they,re up to with me as maybe the high reading and they,re plying it safe i blew 117 and i,m applying for car, motorcycle and HGV class 1 so maybe reason for contacting GP buggered if i know i,ll let you know updates if your still gonna be using forum

Was really pleased and surprised I blew high myself. Stayed off beer for 14 days but cut back for a month before that. And yip will still stay in touch this forum has helped me through 18 months of hell

hi again Lizzi i stayed off the beer for 5 and a half weeks so don,t know what the deal is with the DVLA or whats going on with Tom who made the origional post as had no input but like you whether or not i get my licence back i,ll still stay a member and try and help people out based on my own experiences learnt a lot from this forum and only fair i give a bit back drive safely

Its so nice to read that people are getting their licenses back and a comfort to know there is a light at the end of this tunnel. My nightmare has only just begun and I am finding strength from all you people so please don't disappear :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off