Will I go to prison?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot628

So about 2 months ago I was stopped by police for driving with no insurance. Then stupidly I done the same thing again the other night and was caught driving with no insurance and under the influence of marijuana. It's my first ever criminal or driving offence of any kind and I didn't cause any damage or drive dangerously either time, however I've only had my licence about a year and a half(UK) and as both offences are so close together I am worried as to what my punishment will be. I haven't been summoned for either offence as of yet. I understand I'm getting a ban and a big fine, but is there a chance I could go to prison too?

You will get a ban of at least 12 months for the drug driving offence, but unlike drink driving, there are no guidelines on the length of the ban according to your level of impairment. The magistrates simply decide the length of the ban on the facts that they hear. You are not going to go to prison for this.
You would normally get 6 points for no insurance, but if you are sentenced for drug driving and banned at the same time as you are sentenced for no insurance then the insurance offence is endorsed on your licence but the ban means that the 6 points are not awarded. This is important for you because if you get 6 points or more on your licence within the first 2 years of passing your test then you have your licence revoked by DVLA and have to resit your test.
You will still have a problem if the first no insurance is heard on its own and you get 6 points for that. Were the 2 incidents in the same area? If they are in the same area, your best bet would be to persuade CPS to list both of the incidents for hearing at the same court. That way you could get a ban, 2 endorsements on your licence, but no points.......which would save you having to resit your test.

Last edited:
I get the impression that Prison is no big deal.
I know a man who lives in Bath who went to Prison for 6 months
for failing to take down a garden fence.
This was the result of a dispute with a neighbour.
When he was released from prison he started taking the fence down.
During his time in Prison his neighbour sold up and moved away.
His new neighbour loved the fence and tried to stop him taking it down.

I think this shows that the Law is bonkers.
You have to be well over the drink drive limit to go to Prison but God help you
if you are such a danger to the public by failing to take down a garden fence.

I get the impression that Prison is no big deal.
I know a man who lives in Bath who went to Prison for 6 months
for failing to take down a garden fence.
This was the result of a dispute with a neighbour.
When he was released from prison he started taking the fence down.
During his time in Prison his neighbour sold up and moved away.
His new neighbour loved the fence and tried to stop him taking it down.

I think this shows that the Law is bonkers.
You have to be well over the drink drive limit to go to Prison but God help you
if you are such a danger to the public by failing to take down a garden fence.

Thank you for another pointless reply

Hewl you are the idiot who thinks it's a good idea to go to court when employed, receive a huge fine,
loose your job and then pay the fine from unemployment benefit.
What sort of advice is that?
Bloody stupid advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off