letter to judge

Convicted Driver Insurance

jessica

hi i am in court next week on my second drink driving ban in 8 years...i know i have an alcohol problem i went to AA years ago but now i know i need to go back properly...my solicitor has asked if i can write a letter from the heart to the judge....but im not sure what to put... should i include the reasons as to why i have relapsed in such a way and what happened or should i just state my remorse...will my solicitor cover the details?

Calm down now. What's done is done. You can sort you life out now and maybe this is the kick in the bum you needed. It was for me. I got my licence back a long time ago but I still look at this site as I want to help as I was helped. Yes you will be banned. Yes it will be rubbish. Yes you will feel bad. But nobody is dead. I dare to say if you had got away with it you'd possibly have done it again. I say that because you say you have a problem. For me court was brilliant. It was utter hell but someone punishing me almost put an end to it. The course did the rest. Ask for this at court. You can't afterwards. It was cathartic for me. Also when you do the high risk medical to get you licence back. You need to pass the cdt test but also what your dr says. So sort it now. You will be banned for three years. Minimum. So speak to your gp so when dvla intact them, which will happen, it will be all ok. As long as you really are ok. You need to take this seriously. Your kids could gave been on the car. Or when you drove, you hit someone else's. Luckily not. But now sort it out. Maybe you are very unhappy. I was. But see this time as time to grow and think. Trust me it won't be as bad as you think.

And about the letter. You don't need a solicitor and you don't need to read it out. You hand it to the Usher along with your references. If you want a solicitor go for it. I think mine was pointless as I did all the work myself and the magistrate spoke to me not him. He did drive me to court but a taxi would have been 60 quid whereas he was over a grand. And i pleaded guilty. They are good for people who don't know how to explain why it came to this. It may be worth it for you and it wouldn't cost what I paid. But I think you are maybe too anxious to speak in court and could say something foolish about booze.

Sorry I just saw you have a solicitor. Well you are paying this person to advise including in your submissions to the court? As your second offence I agree you need a solicitor but shouldn't this be part of what you are paying for?

hi millie.. my solicitor scared the life out of me talking about bail on appeal if it comes to custody etc....i think what helped me most was the probation woman and my years in aa and my good references coz i got 3 year ban but i can do the course..and a community penalty to do rar an alcohol course thing and £170 court costs solicitor was £300 plus vat......i went to aa again last night i realise it coyld of been alot worse and i could of hurt someone else...ive not drank since the event coz luckily i honestly was hardly drinking with bf anyway....i just need to get the acceptance into my head now that i can never have that first drink.....do u go to AA? x

if you get cought second time I don't think this letter do any good for you. I know you are very sorry, but you have to think before you do something especially drink and driving. I will never do that,ever. Can you imagine you are driving you are drunk and hit and kill someone? because of few drinks you can spend your entire life behind bars. Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off