HELP AND ADVISE PLEASE (DVLA medical)

Convicted Driver Insurance

mjb1992

hello, i have read a few posts on here and seen different answers from everyone... but i got banned in 2015 due to blowing 107mg anyway, cut a long story short i now have to do the DVLA high risk offenders medical examination (as expected) my appointment is in a weeks time, i'm having bad thoughts that i'm going to fail, i have not touched any alcoholic drink in 2 months and 3 weeks, what are the chances i pass the blood test, serious answers only please as i'm panicking enough :( i have been drinking this liver detox tea from Holland and Barrett even if i haven't needed to it may help lol

who else has done this medical examination who can tell me some information about it

thank's in advance to everyone that reads this and can give me help and support

With abstenance for that long you should have no problem with the CDT blood test as part of the medical. What will your answer be to 'any alcohol issues in the past 2-3 years where you have consulted your GP?'

First you should pass the CDT test if you have not drank for that long.

Second, have you looked at the medical questionaire that you will be asked to fill in at the medical, if not you'll find it in the .gov website in the dvla documents.

and last does your GP have any concerns about your alcohol consumption, if so be careful you don't contradict that on your questionnaire.

With abstenance for that long you should have no problem with the CDT blood test as part of the medical. What will your answer be to 'any alcohol issues in the past 2-3 years where you have consulted your GP?'

i did drink most days, but didnt go to my GP about it?

Second, have you looked at the medical questionaire that you will be asked to fill in at the medical, if not you'll find it in the .gov website in the dvla documents.

and last does your GP have any concerns about your alcohol consumption, if so be careful you don't contradict that on your questionnaire.

i havent seen the medical questionaire ill try and search for it and i havent been to the GP about anything regarding alcohol

just looked at the questionaire, i know my doctor but not my consultant lol, stupid as it sounds will that be the same as my doctor or is the consultant is the one i should/would have spoke to about it.

also should i have seen my doctor?

what you have to remember is they treat you as having an "illness" that affects your driving until you prove otherwise.

you prove it by.....

1. passing the cdt test
  2. passing the physical examination
  3. filling in your dvla questionnaire in a way that shows you are fit to drive.
  4. Your GP confirming on his questionnaire that you do not have an alcohol problem, if you are being treated for alcohol related illness at hospital he may refer dvla to your consultant
  5. Your consultant confirms you are fit to drive.

its simple but what clouds the issues are you having a drink problem within the last 3 years and definitely within the last 12 months, but if your GP has no knowledge of alcohol problems you are ok.

good luck!

what you have to remember is they treat you as having an "illness" that affects your driving until you prove otherwise.

you prove it by.....

1. passing the cdt test
  2. passing the physical examination
  3. filling in your dvla questionnaire in a way that shows you are fit to drive.
  4. Your GP confirming on his questionnaire that you do not have an alcohol problem, if you are being treated for alcohol related illness at hospital he may refer dvla to your consultant
  5. Your consultant confirms you are fit to drive.

its simple but what clouds the issues are you having a drink problem within the last 3 years and definitely within the last 12 months, but if your GP has no knowledge of alcohol problems you are ok.

good luck!

so its fine that i have not been to my doctor about it should i just tell them that i havent seen my GP regarding this and that i dont have a consultant, its in 3 days and want to make sure im prepared lol, cant have that much of a problem to go without a drink for nearly 3 months lol, when the form says **In the past 6 months, have you regularly misused alcohol? yes/no what would you reccomend me putting as in like the last 3 months i have been fine

so its fine that i have not been to my doctor about it should i just tell them that i havent seen my GP regarding this and that i dont have a consultant, its in 3 days and want to make sure im prepared lol, cant have that much of a problem to go without a drink for nearly 3 months lol, when the form says **In the past 6 months, have you regularly misused alcohol? yes/no what would you reccomend me putting as in like the last 3 months i have been fine

Well I would definitely say no to misusing alcohol within the last 6 months.

There is no medical history of you having an alcohol problem so don't give them any reason to think you have one.

Just put your gps name down and put N/A for consultant.

You'll be fine. Let us know how it goes

Well I would definitely say no to misusing alcohol within the last 6 months.

There is no medical history of you having an alcohol problem so don't give them any reason to think you have one.

Just put your gps name down and put N/A for consultant.

You'll be fine. Let us know how it goes

Thank you mate I really appreciate it and I will do ? Put my mind at ease haha

Had medical today It's looking good, she said everything feels how it should, checked my eyesight she Said that was good, just a waiting game for blood results now eek!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off