Timescales / Appeals

Convicted Driver Insurance

Heston

Hi All, I have posted this in the ask a lawyer section, but thought it would be good to share with the community also in case anybody spots simaralities with thier own situations.

I received my refusal letter three days ago (June 1st 2017) - and have called DVLA twice and been through the DVLA website - attempting to assess my options - but trying to extract information from them as everybody is probably aware, nigh on impossible.:mad:

Anyhow, my situation goes a little like this :

February 2011 - Convicted DR10 – 4 Year Ban

February 2015 – Reapply for Licence

November 2015 - Eventually received temporary 12 month licence. Notified that I am High Risk Offender.

October 2016 – Reapply for full licence

November 2016 – Temporary licence expires – permitted to drive under Section 88

February 2017 – Attend CTD Medical at DVLA Nominated doctor

June 2017 – Receive Refusal letter from DVLA as CDT is 2.5%

My Job requires me to drive, this is going to affect my livelihood.

I called DVLA they explained I have two options to appeal. Via Magistrates Court or via my Doctor. Is this true?

It is unclear in the letter from DVLA if I am classed as a dependant or misuse. This was unable to be confirmed on the phone by the operator. So I am not sure if I have to wait 6 or 12 months before I can reapply.

Also the DVLA were unclear to when the 6 or 12 months begins. I stated that given I had waited almost 4 months for my CDT results and decision to be made and that I could reapply up to 8 weeks prior so am I almost within range? This also she could not deny nor confirm.

If I assume I am only misuse and given that my CDT Test was almost 4 months ago, am I correct in thinking that if I give it a few more weeks, book and pay for a CDT Test with DVLA doctor off my own back, complete D1 and return with fee and questionnaire, obtain approval from my GP and get a letter of recommendation from my boss that I will have any chance of getting licence back any quicker.

I suppose my queries are as follows.

Is it true I can appeal via my Doctor?

Do you recommend appealing via Magistrates Courts? What are peoples experience of this?

Is it worth me paying for CDT Test with same approved doctor, licence fee etc or will DVLA flat refuse my application?

One of the outlining problems to all of this is making arrangements for my job. I need to give my employer some sort of ball park time scale, and also assess if I need to make critical life changes to accommodate this inconvenience.

Many Thanks in advance for any information you can supply.

Heston.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off