My life is over... depressed to the ends of it....

Convicted Driver Insurance

sam9001

Well Known Member
Firstly, I have been stupid, and regret every second of it....

I am feeling very depressed and beginning to wonder if the only way for me to feel any better is to end it all.... and go to sleep for ever..

Story goes...

Had an accicent in feb, was taken to hospital as was suffering neck pain, therefore couldn't take me to a police station to be put on their breathalyser, so they took my blood.

I have been waiting for the phone call/email from the police to ask me to go for a voluntary interview, and they have recently emailed me and asked me to attend the station for my "side" of the story..... in the email the officer says "You will NOT" be arrested, so this is also worrying me - I don't know what he means by this.?

I Asked him if the reason for the interview was because they had my results back and they said no it wasn't, but they did have my results back and they just wanted to know what my side of things were.

I also asked him what the results were, and he said he couldn't tell me either over the phone or by email - is this correct, or is he just being awkward?

If I was to lose my licence this would be devasting for me as I require my licence for my career.

Any advise/replies would be appreciated... thank you

I see you have also asked the same question on the 'ask a solicitor' section, but you have not given Sean all the information that you have given here.... I will give you my view, but he may be better qualified than me to answer after the weekend.

you are being asked to the police station for a 'voluntary interview.' That means you are not under arrest and you are free to leave at any time.' You will be told this at the start of the interview, which will be recorded. I think there could be 2 reasons for the police officer wanting this interview.
1. After the accident you went to hospital so there has not been the opportunity to ask you formally about what caused it, to see if there is evidence that you drove 'without due care and attention.'e.g. Was there a dog that ran out in the road causing you to swerve at night?

2. The more worrying reason for you could be that they have the results of the blood sample, it is under, but they want to do a 'back calculation' to try and establish what your reading WOULD have been at the time you were driving and procescute on that evidence. To do this they would have to get your account of what you say you had drunk and when, together with your height and weight etc.

i think scenario 2 is only likely if there was at lease a couple of hours delay between the accident and the blood being obtained, other people were injured and they don't want you to get off because of the delay in obtaining a sample.

Although you will not be 'under arrest' as the interview is taking place in the police station you could ask for legal advice to be made available, which might well be by telephone, (the duty solicitor scheme) or you could take your own solicitor along (this would be at your expense as legal aid does not cover an interview like this) Under advance disclosure rules, he / she would be entitled to ask the purpose of the interview and the evidence they have available to be able to advise you on how to proceed when you are questioned.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off