Just Caught

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shortchef

I have been stopped for speeding, I was pulled over for alleged erratic driving, but I didn't think I was, I was requested to take a breath test without any reason being given, I was alleged to be 41/100 and promptly arrested at the scene and taken to a police station (I was not cautioned at the time of the arrest) at the station I was cautioned for the first time, I was then placed on an intoxicator machine and blew 40/100 I was give the results, but I was not offered the opportunity to take a blood or urine test. Where do I stand?

"Where do I stand?"
In the dock at court, unfortunately. The police can breath test you on suspicion that you have alcohol in your body (erratic driving allegation) or a moving traffic offence (speeding) The legal limit is 35, the police will warn you up to 39 under ACPO guidelines but a reading of 40 is a prosecution.
there has not been the option of a blood or urine sample for a reading of under 51 since 2013, which is why the Police did not offer you a further sample.
The magistrates guidelines for a reading of 40 is a 12-16 month ban, a fine according to your means and costs. You can reduce the ban by up to 25% if you are offered a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. If you are not offered it, make sure you ask to be allowed to complete one before the case is closed in court. It cannot be offered afterwards.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off