I need help writing the court letter

Convicted Driver Insurance

NotGood25

Hi. I could really use some advice.
I'm typing up two versions, one formal one for the mag to read and one written in a way in which I will read out, i'll only use one depending on how I feel on the day.
I'm struggling with what to include, for migitation i've included:

Clean licence/No convictions
Potential loss of university offer
No public transport in village, relying on parents for transport
Short duration of driving (I checked my dashcam, I was only driving about 40 seconds and travelled about 1/4 mile)

I've not included cooperation with the police yet, should I?

Also online it says to explain why and how the offence happened. I don't know how to go about that without possibly making myself look much worse.

original story:

On Good Friday I drove 40 miles to meet a woman I had been speaking to on a dating site. I got to hers and we had some drinks through the night. At some point around 12 midnight we had a big falling out and she kicked me out the house. In the process she called the police who arrived as I had already left.
Nothing came of that but they warned me not to drive and to sleep in the back of the car if I had to.
They left and I returned to the house to try and convince her to let me stay, she denied and at 4:10am I started driving, got down then road and was arrested and taken to the station where 73 was blown on the machine.
I only had a shirt and jeans with me and felt too cold to sleep in the car. I was also in an unknown area so I had nowhere to go and didn't know anyone who could help at 4am.
I use my car to attend a college course which has no bus routes. I am doing really well on it and will be going to university in September but leaving the car at home. I have no other convictions.

I would not mention the short distance you drove, if the police had not stopped you, you would clearly have driven further.
i also think that 'co-operation with the police' might look a bit hollow, seeing as how an officer had told you to not drive, but then you did!
the rest is OK, plus genuine regret for such a stupid mistake no n apology to the court for taking up their time.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh, and dress smartly and ask to be lowed to do a Drink Drive Rehbilittion course, which will cut off up to 25% of your ban. You do not have to do the course, but it has to be offered and ccepted 'on the day' and cannot be offered later.

I would not mention the short distance you drove, if the police had not stopped you, you would clearly have driven further.
i also think that 'co-operation with the police' might look a bit hollow, seeing as how an officer had told you to not drive, but then you did!
the rest is OK, plus genuine regret for such a stupid mistake no n apology to the court for taking up their time.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh, and dress smartly and ask to be lowed to do a Drink Drive Rehbilittion course, which will cut off up to 25% of your ban. You do not have to do the course, but it has to be offered and ccepted 'on the day' and cannot be offered later.
They told me not to drive when I was clearly in a bad state, intoxicated and emotional/high on Adrenalin from what had happened. I thought driving a short distance is still a mitigating factor even if I may have wanted to go further? My dashcam footage is literally less than a minute of driving. I just wanted to get away from the area to be honest. Definitely intend to dress properly though and I will do the course.

No, it isn't the distance actually driven that can be given in mitigation, it is the distance you INTENDED to drive that can be a mitigating factor if it was only very short.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off