What will happen?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lorraine

Saturday night I was stopped and taken to the police station to be breatherlized to my shock and horror the reading came back as 50! I totally thought I was ok to drive, this is my first motoring offence and first ever criminal offence what can I expect to happen? And would the magistrate even consider and leniency towards me as myself and my husband would be put in hardship without me driving and would have to give up our jobs in also have a son on the asd spectrum whom I need to get to lots of hospital and drs appointments

Saturday night I was stopped and taken to the police station to be breatherlized to my shock and horror the reading came back as 50! I totally thought I was ok to drive, this is my first motoring offence and first ever criminal offence what can I expect to happen? And would the magistrate even consider and leniency towards me as myself and my husband would be put in hardship without me driving and would have to give up our jobs in also have a son on the asd spectrum whom I need to get to lots of hospital and drs appointments

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 50 sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a disqualification of between 12 and 16 months.

As this is your first drink driving offence then you are likely to be offered the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, completing the course will reduce the period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

Disqualification is mandatory when convicted of drink driving, the only possible way to avoid disqualification upon conviction is if special reasons not to endorse or disqualify can be successfully argued. However special reasons not to disqualify must be directly related to the commission of the offence (e.g. driving due to an emergency). Any hardship caused as a result of being disqualified will not amount to a special reason.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off