The light at the end of the tunnel.

Convicted Driver Insurance

BadDecision

Hi guys,

i am due to come off my 13.5 month ban tonight and just wanted to say thank you to a wonderful forum which has helped me through a tough period of the year. The moderators and users of this forum have been friendly, given great advice and hope.

I wasn't the stigmatised repeat alcoholic drink driver, i was a student who made a bad mistake once and got punished for it (i deserved it)

Anyways, few pointers for how to get through your ban + when you get your license back:

• Keep your head down, and avoid the excessive drinking altogether
  • get a routine going, and still do things which you would do if you had a car (use public transport) tubes, trains, etc
  • Get a bike, not only did it make me healthier, it made me happy to take in so many amazing sights, and get to my destination faster.
  • Dont punish yourself like a criminal, its not worth the emotional pain and it only drags you down
  • Be positive, create a countdown app for your license return check it weekly!
  • lastly, and most importantly, use this forum, talk to other similar people, it helps!

Thank you for all the life lessons along the way, ill be sure to never lose my license again!

BadDecision x

Hi guys,

i am due to come off my 13.5 month ban tonight and just wanted to say thank you to a wonderful forum which has helped me through a tough period of the year. The moderators and users of this forum have been friendly, given great advice and hope.

I wasn't the stigmatised repeat alcoholic drink driver, i was a student who made a bad mistake once and got punished for it (i deserved it)

Anyways, few pointers for how to get through your ban + when you get your license back:

• Keep your head down, and avoid the excessive drinking altogether
  • get a routine going, and still do things which you would do if you had a car (use public transport) tubes, trains, etc
  • Get a bike, not only did it make me healthier, it made me happy to take in so many amazing sights, and get to my destination faster.
  • Dont punish yourself like a criminal, its not worth the emotional pain and it only drags you down
  • Be positive, create a countdown app for your license return check it weekly!
  • lastly, and most importantly, use this forum, talk to other similar people, it helps!

Thank you for all the life lessons along the way, ill be sure to never lose my license again!

BadDecision x

Glad to hear the forum helped you. Good luck and happy driving!!

Enjoy getting back out on the road, I would imagine it'll feel just as good as, if not better than, the first time driving after passing your test!

I agree with your pointers, the best thing anyone can do is to try to think positively and make the best of this bad situation. I know that some people are in much worse situations in terms of consequences etc. but letting it get you down just makes the whole thing feel a lot longer than it is. It is a drastic change in lifestyle in so many ways but its amazing how soon you adapt and to be honest I'm used to it now. Certainly makes you realise just how much you took your car for-granted!

I've still got about 4 months left of my 13 month ban. Some months seem to drag, others fly by, but on the whole it's going faster than I expected. Got a countdown app but I try not to check it too much - it's like clock-watching at work ;)

It would really help if you could post who you're insured with now and how its affected the price compared to before?

All the best and have one for the road! ;) an orange juice of course...

Enjoy getting back out on the road, I would imagine it'll feel just as good as, if not better than, the first time driving after passing your test!

I agree with your pointers, the best thing anyone can do is to try to think positively and make the best of this bad situation. I know that some people are in much worse situations in terms of consequences etc. but letting it get you down just makes the whole thing feel a lot longer than it is. It is a drastic change in lifestyle in so many ways but its amazing how soon you adapt and to be honest I'm used to it now. Certainly makes you realise just how much you took your car for-granted!

I've still got about 4 months left of my 13 month ban. Some months seem to drag, others fly by, but on the whole it's going faster than I expected. Got a countdown app but I try not to check it too much - it's like clock-watching at work ;)

It would really help if you could post who you're insured with now and how its affected the price compared to before?

All the best and have one for the road! ;) an orange juice of course...

Thanks!

Good luck with the remainder of your ban, I can assure you It flys by! :)

I'm now insured with QuoteLine Direct and have been driving about 10 days now I believe, its affected my price from last year only around £150 more.

All the best buddy!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off