Drink driving conviction - a few questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

steevieb

Hi, I was caught drink driving in April last year, I had set out to kill myself by driving into a tree but unfortunately didn't unclip my seat belt in time. I had had a glass of wine before starting off and another glass about 2/3 hrs before. Anyway I went to court at the end of September last year. My first question is my conviction will become spent five years from the 31st September 2021? Secondly, I am hoping to buy my own home, will I be able to get a mortgage with a DD conviction? Will I be able to apply for a help to buy scheme with a DD conviction? Thank you for any advice you can give me.

I should be getting my licence back at the end of June as I got a 12 month ban and have done the TTC course, I will hopefully then begin to apply for a job, I lost mine in April last year and am worried about the almost 18 month gap in my employment history.

The drink drive conviction will have no effect on a mortgage or help to buy.
Your drink drive conviction will be spent for normal jobs at the end of September 2021, but not the 31st.... check your Calendar.....
If you are applying for a job which involves having a DBS check then drink driving is discloseable for 11 years, providing that you have no other convictions. If you do have another recordable conviction then both will never be spent.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off