What happens to your licence?

Convicted Driver Insurance

stubear

At my first court appearance I pled guilty handed over a poly pocket with my licence and counterpart in it. And was interim banned.

Sentence was deffered for reports.

On my second appearance my ban was substanciated.

Today when I came home from work, one of the admin staff at the court has sent the poly pocket back to me with the licence and counterpart.

Obviously I am still banned, however I am just wondering is this normal practice to return these? or just a wee oversight?

I assumed it would be sent to Swansea or just destroyed at the court until a new one is re-applied for and issued.

Stu, the court clerk took my license after my hearing for some details and gave it back to me before I left court.

Subsequently, the DVLA were informed of my disqualification and sent me a letter to surrender my license. I'd expect a letter soon.

I'm in Scotland by the way, hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply fordfan

I'm also in Scotland, I got a letter from DVLA not long after my first appearance saying that I would need to undergo
the HRO medical, however at this time my ban was interim and not substanciated as I was yet to be sentenced.

I have logged onto the DVLA website licence checker and the length of ban is just saying 'awaiting court sentencing'

I'm guessing this has just to be updated once DVLA recieve the informaion from the court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off