Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Windsor12 is offline Member

Default Re: DVLA High Risk Offender Medical

Hi Guys

Almost 3 years ago I did not get round to doing the medical. Been working abroad and haven't needed to drive.
    However I am back now and do need to drive - Rapido !

I have been good with my drinking so don't have any real worries but would like to do a Mock / Practice test first, just to be on the safe side. I have spoken to the DVLA appointed doctor who is happy to do it for 160.00. Not Cheap.

On the other hand I have found medichecks advertising on this forum quoting 79.00.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for these people, it is half the price and I wonder if it just too good to be true. Not wishing to cause offence but for all I know it could be some spotty faced teenager in his bedroom scamming away. I do hope not !

I would love to hear some good endorsements for this outfit, this is an important test that I need to get right first time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 12-03-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: DVLA High Risk Offender Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor12 View Post
    Hi Guys

Almost 3 years ago I did not get round to doing the medical. Been working abroad and haven't needed to drive.
    However I am back now and do need to drive - Rapido !

I have been good with my drinking so don't have any real worries but would like to do a Mock / Practice test first, just to be on the safe side. I have spoken to the DVLA appointed doctor who is happy to do it for 160.00. Not Cheap.

On the other hand I have found medichecks advertising on this forum quoting 79.00.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for these people, it is half the price and I wonder if it just too good to be true. Not wishing to cause offence but for all I know it could be some spotty faced teenager in his bedroom scamming away. I do hope not !

I would love to hear some good endorsements for this outfit, this is an important test that I need to get right first time.

Thanks.
    You can read about a forum members experience using medichecks here.

In short they purchased a CDT Test from medichecks which produced a result of 0.9% CDT.

They also had a different CDT Test performed which involved visiting a hospital to provide a blood sample, this test produced a result of 1% CDT and cost nearly twice the price of a medichecks CDT Test.

The CDT blood test they had as part of the DVLA medical produced a result of 0.9% CDT, the same result as from medichecks.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 12-03-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions