Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Independant Blood Sample Analysis - Drink Driving

Default Independant Blood Sample Analysis - Drink Driving

Hi there,

I was pulled over on Thursday morning (idiotically using my phone) at 9am and gave a reading of 40. Was breatherlised in the station at 10am and blew 51 and 47. Had a blood test done at 11.40am and when I left the station at 12.15pm I asked them to check me again to see if I was safe to drive home and I blew 23.

I am desperately worried and keep being advised to get my own sample checked independantly. The only problem is, I can't find anyone to do it for me!

Can any one help me?

Thanks
    Anna
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 10-01-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: Help - Need to get my blood sample checked

Quote Originally Posted by ak_chapman@yahoo.co.uk View Post
    Hi there,

I was pulled over on Thursday morning (idiotically using my phone) at 9am and gave a reading of 40. Was breatherlised in the station at 10am and blew 51 and 47. Had a blood test done at 11.40am and when I left the station at 12.15pm I asked them to check me again to see if I was safe to drive home and I blew 23.

I am desperately worried and keep being advised to get my own sample checked independantly. The only problem is, I can't find anyone to do it for me!

Can any one help me?

Thanks
    Anna
    Hi Anna,

The Royal Society of Chemistry provide information on the RTA Procedure a list of road traffic act analysts who can analyse blood or urine samples and attend court as expert witnesses if need be.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 05-29-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions

phil.oxby is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Moderator View Post
    Hi Anna,

The Royal Society of Chemistry provide information on the RTA Procedure a list of road traffic act analysts who can analyse blood or urine samples and attend court as expert witnesses if need be.

Hope this helps.
    I was also just marginaly over at 42, and was offered and accepted a blood test. I aslo took a sample and they supplied a leaflet of where I could get my sample tested. I sent my sample in and it cos £120, I got the result back within a week. My result was 78 and the legal limit is 80, I am now wondering if that means I am in the clear?

BackCalculator is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by phil.oxby View Post
    I was also just marginaly over at 42, and was offered and accepted a blood test. I aslo took a sample and they supplied a leaflet of where I could get my sample tested. I sent my sample in and it cos £120, I got the result back within a week. My result was 78 and the legal limit is 80, I am now wondering if that means I am in the clear?
    This is similar to what happened to me however the police applied a back calculation to cover the time between when I was arrested and the time of the blood test. They eventually dropped the case as we disputed the figure they had used in the back calculations but I had to have an expert report and expert court appearance fee which was expensive.

phil.oxby is offline New Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by BackCalculator View Post
    This is similar to what happened to me however the police applied a back calculation to cover the time between when I was arrested and the time of the blood test. They eventually dropped the case as we disputed the figure they had used in the back calculations but I had to have an expert report and expert court appearance fee which was expensive.
    I have just received a call from the arresting PC and the official result came back at 73, so my bail has been cancelled and no further action is being taken.

So I would advise anyone to take the option of a blood test if offered, but probably the best piece of advice is not to drink any alchol and drive. It has certainly frightened the life out of me.