Very Worried - Flipped Car

Convicted Driver Insurance

Barnesk

Hi all.
Wondering if there is anyone who has kind of been through the same experience as me and can offer me some guidance?
So I thought I'd attempt to drive home after an argument - I crashed into a bollard and my car flipped. I was of course over the drink drive limit. No passengers and nobody else involved or injured.
I have been bailed and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what kind of ban and fine I can expect as I am worrying myself sick. I cannot eat or stop crying. Thanks in advance.

What was your reading at the police station?
have you been convicted of Drink driving before and if so, how long ago was it?

Hi thanks for the reply.
I was cut out of the car and taken to hospital (I was told earlier when an officer came to see me that I was very close to dying in hospital as my body went into shock)
This is my first offence and my tests were done at the hospital. Now I know how very close I was to dying, the ban and whatever else seems like nothing but it would still be great to have an idea just for peace of mind. The police officers have been very good and are trying to make the process as easy as possible for me which is very unexpected!!

Too many unanswered questions to help at the moment.

Did the Police breathalyse you, take urine or bloods?

If one of the latter two, did they give you your own sample to take home?

We need to know the alcohol reading before anyone can give you an idea what to expect but if they took urine or bloods these will have been sent off to be analysed before they will either charge you for drink driving or not (although they can calculate what your reading was at the time of the accident and still charge you)

Can you give us a full timescale (roughly) including everything you had to drink, time of crash, time of Police taking sample etc.

If charged, the accident will aggravate the sentence but as nobody else was involved or injured it is likely to be the higher end of the guidelines rather than supersede that.

Hi,
Sorry for lack of information, I'll try and explain more!
My reading was pretty high, I remember her saying it was 80 something, pretty sure it was 82 from a breathalyser but I was in a state in the ambulance by then.
They then did blood and urine samples in the hospital, I didn't take one home as I was in such a state my body went into shock and I had to be sedated as they were worried I was going to go into cardiac arrest.
I've been told that they will receive the results in a few weeks and the officer dealing with my case is going to give me a call and let me know. I had a fair few vodkas, possibly like 4 doubles. I finished drinking about 1/2 but I was sick a lot and then attempted the drive home round about half 5. There's damages to the railings I crashed into also.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off