When does the conviction become spent?

Convicted Driver Insurance

dvb723

My ban ends on October 23rd and I'm reading and hearing different stories of when my ban will become spent.

Because of my work and applying for other jobs I am now worried.

I received 22 months + DD driving course to reduce the ban + £750 fine

Could someone shed some light whether it'll become spent on October 23rd, or in 5 years time?

My ban ends on October 23rd and I'm reading and hearing different stories of when my ban will become spent.

Because of my work and applying for other jobs I am now worried.

I received 22 months + DD driving course to reduce the ban + £750 fine

Could someone shed some light whether it'll become spent on October 23rd, or in 5 years time?

It's 5 years from the date of​ conviction. But stays on your driving licence record for 11 years. If you're asked in a job interview, that DOES NOT require a DBS, you need not declare it after the 5 years because it's considered spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. If you are applying for a job that requires a DBS, you will still need to declare it but (from my own personal experience) a lot of employers are not particularly bothered. Obviously it would depend upon the exact nature of the role that you are applying for but a lot of employers are concerned with theft, fraud, assault, sex offenses etc and as I was told in interview (where a DBS was required) "We don't care about a drink driving conviction!". (A relief to hear!)
It's quite confusing because there seem to be a lot of 'if's and but's' but I hope this helps a little.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off