Fear I have thrown my life away :(

Convicted Driver Insurance

tgy_104

I am sure my story is similar to many here. Squeaky clean life, always tried to be a good citizen. Indeed, ironically, I hardly ever drink and certainly would never drink and drive. A terrible, foolish lack of judgement on Saturday resulted in me deciding to get in my car after a 'celebratory drink' with colleagues after 3 long days on an event. I was promptly pulled over and a blowing a reading of 42 (which they said was relatively low) on the machine in the police station. I did not 'play the system', nor know the tactics so just was fully compliant throughout. The 5 hours in a cell was bad enough, and i was extremely upset and emotional in the police station as the enormity of what I had done began to sink in. The awful thing is that it just seems to get worse the more I read about it. I have a criminal record now, I know I will be judged and labelled as a 'criminal' and a 'scumbag' forever more by people who do not know me, I know my family will be dreadfully upset, I fear my small business that I was 'on the verge' of making a success of will no longer be viable as I run an event management business I will lose my key clients/customers as a result of (I hope only) my 9 month ban. My partner, tho supportive, will also have her life thrown into turmoil as she is a medical doctor who is keen to work overseas, and my plan was to join her and for us to pursue that dream together. My criminal conviction will mean that many will be off the cards for me, not only due to complexities with visas and immigration but also because of not being able to hire a car.

I am struggling to see much light at the end of the tunnel. I felt like I was carving out a good life but I have thrown it all away in one moment. I am well aware that it was a terrible decision and even more horrible things could have happened. Rest assured I would never drink or drive again - indeed I have never done it before - no excuses tho.

I read that maybe I should have held out for a blood or a urine test, maybe then I could have 'beaten' the system. I guess I will never know. Even the police officers looked downhearted when the machine read 42.

Things are feeling pretty bleak just now, I guess I just felt I was maybe in the company of understanding people here.

Thanks for reading :(

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off