Advice needed ahead of court appearance tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

Rain

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice. My husband was stopped a couple of weeks back as the light above his registration plate was out, which in turn highlighted his MOT had expired. He was pulled over and blew 54. He is in court tomorrow and I understand that he will have his license suspended for 12-16 months and will get a fine. The problem I have got is I am just a few weeks away from giving birth to our first child and my husband losing his license is the last thing I need right now. I appreciate the judge doesn't take things like this into account but is there any point trying to plead our case in the hope the ban could be postponed until after the baby is born. I understand he has been stupid and has committed a serious crime and I feel that he needs to accept any punishment that he gets. However the ban is more likely to have a negative impact on me and our unborn. We don't have family or friends that live nearby and I am very worried about the safety of my unborn child if I go into labour or have any complications. We live 40mins away from the nearest hospital. I have suffered with antenatal depression and have recently lost my job so things aren't great for us. Will this at least be taken into account in terms of the fine issued if they won't consider a delay of ban? My husband is now the sole provider for our little family and things are beyond tight for us.

Would it be worth me writing a letter to the magistrates?

Thanks

A ban is inevitable. The only way he could delay the ban would be to plead not guilty, and it would be adjourned for a trial.... But that puts the prosecution costs against him considerably. the delay might well only be 4-6 weeks, according to where you live, so even that may not see you through to your due date.
you could write a letter to the court explaining your circumstances, but it might only help within the range of disqualification for a reading of 54, which is a 12 - 16 month ban. He could reduce the length of the ban he is given if he is offered (or asks for if not offered) a Drink Drive Rehabilitation course which would reduce the length of the ban given by up to 25%.
any ban given is always effective from the date you are convicted, it is not deferred.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off